.Net Software Developer
Are you interested to make an immediate impact by improving and shaping the consumer fraud-protection industry? Leidos is hiring a .Net Software Developer in Gaithersburg, Maryland, as part of a multi-faceted team. This work involves development and maintenance of number of enterprise systems for data collection from various channels, data enrichment, ETL, efficient search, information retrieval and analytical systems. This person will play a significant role in implementing, adopting and evaluating technologies developed both in-house, third-party or open-source.
The successful .Net Software Developer will design, develop and test software primarily using .Net and SQL Server for high-performing cloud-based systems and applications, including mobile and desktop access, across the presentation, business or application, and data tiers. Will work in an Agile release environment and can have multiple competing priorities with tight deadlines to support customer or program requirements.
As part of the team, the developer will need to:
- Be a good team player and be able to give and take critical feedback on work products
- Be prompt, schedule-conscious, and able to focus on the work at hand
- Be coachable and open to self-discovery and professional improvement
- Be quality-conscious and carry a sense of pride in their work
- Be creative and independent thinking
- Have interpersonal skills with good oral and written communication to demonstrate product, services to business, customer and non-technical team
- Work smart and hard for the program’s success
Required Education & Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, engineering or other science discipline
- 8+ years of full-time professional experience in C#/.Net software development
- Experience in relational database programming in MS-SQL server, T-SQL, stored procedures, and functions
- Experience developing and consuming SOAP, REST web services, data contract with JSON, XML
- Experienced in common C# architectural styles and patterns
- Understand and apply quality techniques and practices (automated unit testing, test driven design/development, continuous integration)
- Familiar with Team Foundation Server or any other source control tools
- Maintain and operate the deployed code, come up with performance monitors, tuning and improvements
- Ability to obtain and maintain a Public Trust clearance
- Ability to write Power shell scripts, automation, basic administration, scheduling of jobs
- Strong desire to learn and continuously advance in software development
- Experience developing user interfaces and web pages
- Experience in implementing CI/CD pipelines, Splunk or Azure Sentinel.
- Must be detail oriented, multi-tasking with good follow through skills
Pay Range $94,250.00 - $145,000.00 - $195,750.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
Covid Guidance for the US
In order to enter Leidos facilities in the U.S. and to attend Leidos events outside our facilities, employees are required to be vaccinated for COVID-19 or maintain proof of a negative COVID-19 test within 96 hours of entry. In addition, we are receiving guidance from certain customers that onsite contractor personnel will need to be fully vaccinated to access customer facilities. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible. If you have any questions, please contact your Talent Acquisition POC.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 44,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $13.7 billion for the fiscal year ended December 31, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.