At GoGuardian, we’re helping share the future of digital learning by providing educators, students, and schools with tools to create engaging and equitable learning environments. Together, we build innovative solutions to empower students, deliver insights, and encourage experimentation. With employees around the globe, we’re committed to building a culture of inclusivity, curiosity, and courage. GoGuardian’s growth is fast and ever-evolving, and our teams are growing along with it — always ready to experiment and learn.
We’re here for the cause but also for the culture. We celebrate our successes and wins together and make time to appreciate our teammates daily. Take a peek into your future at GoGuardian: our Slack channels include #gardenclub, #boardgametime, #bookrecs, and #petphotos. There’s always something fun going on, including concerts, classes, book clubs, and more! From virtual trivia to local meet-ups, Guardians always find ways to connect.
GoGuardian’s legal team is looking to hire another team member in a paralegal role to support its growing legal team. This position will involve contract management and organization, drafting and amending agreements, updating template documents, and related support for the legal department. The ideal candidate will be thoughtful, action-oriented, organized, communicative and responsive.
What You’ll Do
- Contract management and general legal document organization: managing forms/templates, obtaining signatures, inputting contracts into our contract management system, and record retrieval.
- Basic legal drafting, redlines, review and approval of a variety of agreements including NDAs, independent contractor agreements and scopes of work with Master Services Agreements, other template agreements, and amendments to these templates. Assists with agreement template updates.
- Effective communication with colleagues across departments and external vendors or customers, if needed.
- Process creation and improvement to support legal operations: creating and managing forms and tracking tools, developing processes, evaluating software.
- Other general support to attorney team members.
Who You Are
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent
- Current Certified Paralegal status in California
- 3+ years of experience as a paralegal at a law firm or in house legal department of a large company, preferably transactional experience. Some in house experience is preferred.
- Current licensed notary or interest in becoming a licensed notary is a plus
- Effective written and oral communication
- Collaborative and responsive communication
- Strong organizational skills and detail-oriented
- Knowledge about software companies
- Passion for education is a plus
What We Offer
P.S. – Share this with your friends or co-workers who may be interested in working at GoGuardian! We have multiple openings and are always looking for amazing people.
- A varied and challenging role in a multinational and highly innovative company
- A robust benefits package includes health insurance, 401(k) retirement savings plan with company match, employee stock option plan, paid parental leave, 13 paid company holidays, and much more.
- Development and further training opportunities for shaping and realizing your career goals
- Exceptional colleagues with a passion for EdTech
GoGuardian is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions on the basis of merit and business needs. GoGuardian does not discriminate against employees, applicants, interns or volunteers on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, sex, age, sexual orientation, military and veteran status, registered domestic partner status, genetic information, gender, gender identity, gender expression, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.