People Ops Generalist
About Protocol Labs
Protocol Labs drives breakthroughs in computing to push humanity forward. Protocol Labs is a product-development lab, but behind the protocols and tools we build, behind the research and implementations, are passionate people, teammates, and community members. Most teams in the Protocol Labs Network are fully distributed and work remotely around the world. Engineers, researchers, and operators work in the open to improve the internet — humanity's most important technology — as we explore new advances at the intersection of many exciting fields (crypto, networks, distributed systems) and cultures (startups, research, open-source, distributed work).
About the People Team:
People Ops enables Protocol Labs’ success by designing and leading innovative people programs that help Labbers to do their best work, and supports all initiatives involving engaging, retaining, and developing Labbers.
The People Ops Generalist is a highly versatile, execution oriented role that is varied, dynamic, and fluid. In this role, you will have the opportunity to wear many hats, lead complex projects, and execute against a People strategy that will directly empower and support Labbers.
About the role
- Be the program manager for major People Ops initiatives, integrating our mission, strategy, and data into design, consultation and recommendations
- Iterate on all People programs and support model to build and scale impactful initiatives across all organizations
- Identify and implement new tools to empower People Ops while enhancing the Labber experience
- Influence, integrate and partner with the leaders, colleagues and People Team members to implement, scale, and advise on People ops solutions
- Review/audit processes and data, identify opportunities to scale, streamline and improve processes and procedures, and recommend and implement solutions while understanding downstream impact
- Partner and consult with senior leaders regarding People programs
- Lead ad hoc projects
- Mentor People Ops Coordinators
- BA/BS degree is required
- 3+ years of People Operations experience, preferably in the tech industry and at a startup
- Demonstrated ability to work within and be successful in a high-growth environment, adapting and adjusting quickly to changing priorities
- Excellent Google suite skills: Sheets, Docs, Slides, Forms
- Analytical and data management skills, with the ability to translate data into action plans
- Excellent communication and consultative skills; the ability to translate data for different audiences
- Experience working in a collaborative team environments
- The ability to build and maintain successful relationships with all levels of the organization by achieving credibility and influencing key decisions
- Excellent attention to detail and accuracy with your own work and reviewing the work of others
- In-depth understanding of local, state, and federal requirements across multiples states and countries
- Demonstrated discretion and sound judgment handling sensitive and confidential data
- Demonstrated project management skills and ability to drive programs and execute on projects independently and resourcefully
What’s it like to work at Protocol Labs?
Protocol Labs' mission is to improve humanity’s most important technology, the Internet. We build protocols, systems, and tools to improve how it works. Today, we are focused on how we store, locate, and move information. Our projects include IPFS, Filecoin, libp2p, and more.
As a distributed team, we hire anywhere in the world, and at various levels of experience (entry, senior, staff). We look for people with unique perspectives and diverse backgrounds.
We have a great benefits package, including parental leave, contributions to your retirement, competitive pay, and unlimited time off. For U.S.-based employees, we also provide platinum-level health, dental, and vision coverage for you and your family.
If you’re passionate about the future of computing and a more democratized internet, we want to talk to you.
GDPR for Job Applicants and Candidates
When you apply to a job on this site, the personal data contained in your application will be collected by Protocol Labs, Inc. (“Protocol Labs”), which is located at 427 N Tatnall St #51207, Wilmington, Delaware 19801 and can be contacted by emailing legalrequests[at]protocol.ai. Protocol Labs’ data protection team can be contacted via legalrequests[at]protocol.ai. Your personal data will be processed for the purposes of managing Protocol Labs’ recruitment related activities, which include setting up and conducting interviews and tests for applicants, evaluating and assessing the results thereto, and as is otherwise needed in the recruitment and hiring processes. Such processing is legally permissible under Art. 6(1)(f) of Regulation (EU) 2016/679 (General Data Protection Regulation) as necessary for the purposes of the legitimate interests pursued by Protocol Labs, which are the solicitation, evaluation, and selection of applicants for employment.
Your personal data will be shared with Greenhouse Software, Inc., a cloud services provider located in the United States of America and engaged by Protocol Labs to help manage its recruitment and hiring process on Protocol Labs’ behalf. Accordingly, if you are located outside of the United States, your personal data will be transferred to the United States once you submit it through this site. Because the European Union Commission has determined that United States data privacy laws do not ensure an adequate level of protection for personal data collected from EU data subjects, the transfer will be subject to appropriate additional safeguards.
Your personal data will be retained by Protocol Labs as long as Protocol Labs determines it is necessary to evaluate your application for employment or to assist in the hiring process. Under the GDPR, you have the right to request access to your personal data, to request that your personal data be rectified or erased, and to request that processing of your personal data be restricted. You also have the right to data portability. In addition, you may lodge a complaint with an EU supervisory authority.