Process Improvement Specialist Sr.
At PNC, our people are our greatest differentiator and competitive advantage in the markets we serve. We are all united in delivering the best experience for our customers. As a Process Improvement Specialist Sr. within PNC's Retail Banking Operations organization, you will be based remotely within PNC's footprint.
The schedule for this role is Monday through Friday from 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM EST.
- Evaluates, analyzes, and enhances an organization's operations or technology processes to optimize process efficiency, reduce processing time, and mitigate risks.
- Identifies and may gather appropriate data sets that can quantify process efficiency. Analyzes data sets to identify process gaps in quality, reliability, efficiency and risk. Develops cost-benefit analysis and incorporates findings into business case. Conducts diagnostics to identify, quantify and prioritize value creation projects.
- Independently maps and/or models processes from end-to-end to gain full knowledge of organizational process. Examines models to identify inefficiencies or risks that can be optimized through process redesign or enhancement.
- Uses metrics to demonstrate how removing or updating obsolete or inefficient technologies or remodeling a process will meet strategic priorities while considering risk and reward outcomes.
- Makes recommendations to business partners to ensure that the introduction of new processes is smooth, effective, and sustains or improves quality of output. Maintains relationship with business to ensure continuous improvement after initial implementation.
PNC Employees take pride in our reputation and to continue building upon that we expect our employees to be:
- Customer Focused - Knowledgeable of the values and practices that align customer needs and satisfaction as primary considerations in all business decisions and able to leverage that information in creating customized customer solutions.
- Managing Risk - Assessing and effectively managing all of the risks associated with their business objectives and activities to ensure they adhere to and support PNC's Enterprise Risk Management Framework.
Analytical Thinking – Knowledge of techniques and tools that promote effective analysis and the ability to determine the root cause of organizational problems and create alternative solutions that resolve the problems in the best interest of the business.Consulting – Knowledge of techniques, roles, and responsibilities in providing technical or business guidance to clients, both internal and external; ability to apply this knowledge appropriately to diverse situations.Effective Communications – Understanding of effective communication concepts, tools and techniques; ability to effectively transmit, receive, and accurately interpret ideas, information, and needs through the application of appropriate communication behaviors.Flexibility and Adaptability – Knowledge of successful approaches, tools, and techniques for dealing with changes and adapting to a changing environment; ability to adapt as needed.Influencing – Knowledge of effective influencing tactics and strategies; ability to impact decisions within and outside own organization.Organizational Change Mgt – Ability to manage the successful and smooth transition from current to desired culture, practices, structure, and overall organizational environment.Problem Solving – Knowledge of approaches, tools, techniques for recognizing, anticipating, and resolving organizational, operational or process problems; ability to apply this knowledge appropriately to diverse situations.Project Management – Ability to plan, organize, monitor, and control projects, ensuring efficient utilization of technical and administrative resources, to achieve project objectives.Work Experience
Roles at this level typically require a university / college degree, with 2+ years of relevant professional experience. In lieu of a degree, a comparable combination of education and experience (including military service) may be considered.
Additional Job Description
This is a remote position and can sit anywhere within the PNC footprint, except for Colorado, Hawaii, Alaska. In person activities may occur periodically based on business need.
PNC offers employees a comprehensive range of benefits to help meet your needs now and in the future. Depending on your eligibility, options for full-time employees include medical/prescription drug coverage (with a Health Savings Account feature); dental and vision options; employee and spouse/child life insurance; short- and long-term disability protection; maternity and parental leave; paid holidays, vacation days and occasional absence time; 401(k), pension and stock purchase plans; dependent care reimbursement account; back-up child/elder care; adoption assistance; educational assistance and a robust wellness program with financial incentives. To learn more about these and other programs, including benefits for part-time employees, visit pncbenefits.com > New to PNC.
Disability Accommodations Statement:
The PNC workplace is inclusive and supportive of individual needs. If you have a physical or other impairment that might require an accommodation, including technical assistance with the PNC Careers website or submission process, please call 877-968-7762 and select Option 4: Recruiting or contact us via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Human Resources Service Center hours of operation are Monday - Friday 9:00 AM to 5:00 PM ET.
Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO):
PNC provides equal employment opportunity to qualified persons regardless of race, color, sex, religion, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, veteran status, or other categories protected by law.
Refer to the California Consumer Privacy Act Privacy Notice to gain understanding of how PNC may use or disclose your personal information in our hiring practices.