Product Design Manager
We’re looking for a Product Design Manager to join our Money Crew to help creators start and grow their businesses on Teachable. Together with your group, you will explore exciting new opportunities for creators to monetize their content and expand their reach. You will mentor and manage a team of designers to take complex financial problems and create simple, elegant solutions that empower small business owners.
You will report to the Director of Product Design.
- Build and manage a talented, diverse, inclusive team of product designers that consistently delivers on projects and is well-balanced across a range of design skill sets
- Advocate for prioritization of changes, refinements, and improvements to the user experience
- Lead and oversee the user experience of a product from conception to launch in partnership with cross-functional partners
- You will champion user-centered design and craft, and ensure the team is building towards outcomes based on user needs, leveraging quantitative and qualitative insights to drive decisions
- You will actively contribute to constructive design reviews, playing an important role in helping our deliverables adhere to high design standards. Providing direction on design work that challenges assumptions, encourages exploration, addresses user needs and ties to objectives, research and data
- Contribute to strategic decisions around the future direction of Teachable products
- Cultivate a healthy design process for the team, and be a key contributor to your organization's product strategy
- Effectively communicate your team's product goals (both within the team and outside the team), and connect related projects across the company so that problems or joint decisions can be resolved quickly
- Establish trust with cross-functional partners and executive leadership
- You will have an opportunity to seek out new ways to help grow and shape our creative output and culture.
What We're Looking For
- 2+ years of design leadership experience with direct reports under your guidance and leadership
- 6+ years of experience of professional product design experience
- A portfolio with case studies showcasing your product design work with demonstrable user and business impact
- Thorough command of the UX lifecycle with deep, direct experience in all skill areas and tools, including facilitation of workshops or other collaboration techniques to drive momentum and credibility within the organization
- That spark of curiosity that drives you to create great experiences for our users
Teachable is an instructor-focused platform that empowers creators to build and sell online courses and coaching on any topic-from iOS development to watercolor painting to card tricks. Instructors using our platform have collectively earned more than a billion dollars to date.
Since our founding, we've raised more than $12.5 million from top venture investors and were acquired in March of 2020. Teachable is now part of Hotmart Company, a global tech group focused on the Creator Economy, with over 1,300 employees in 8 countries (Netherlands, USA, Brazil, Spain, Mexico, Colombia, France and UK). Hotmart´s mission is to help creators make a living from their passions, using digital products to entertain, help and instruct their audiences.
Teachable is continuing to build a diverse team of top-notch talent. We won't hold you back from reaching your full potential at Teachable; you'll have the freedom to be an integral member of our tight-knit team, with great benefits and perks. Your work here will directly impact hundreds of thousands of online educators, entrepreneurs, and creatives.
Teachable operates under a hybrid work model, meaning we give our employees the flexibility to work from home or from one of our offices at their leisure.
Comprehensive Health, Dental, & Vision benefits with options covering up to 100% of monthly premium
Generous Vacation, Personal, and Sick Time
Parental leave, 16 weeks fully paid after three months of service
4% 401(k) with match after three months of service
Supplemental student loan repayment assistance or a professional education stipend
Tax-free commuter benefit
50% gym & wellness match
$250 Donation Match Program
Teachable encourages individuals from a broad diversity of backgrounds to apply for positions. We are an equal opportunity employer, meaning we're committed to a fair and consistent interview process. Please tell us in your application if you require an accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job.
Job Type: Full-time