Product Designer, Eng Experience
As Netflix grows, so does the complexity behind our engineering systems. Our challenge is deceivingly simple: keep the developer experience amazing even as complexity increases. Our work impacts every engineer at Netflix and enables other platform teams to innovate faster.
We are looking for a Product Designer to help create a unified end-to-end experience to improve the usability of tools in Platform Engineering. Platform Engineering’s purpose is to enable Netflix to scale effectively and empower our technical talent to focus on building innovative experiences for our members, partners, and creators around the world. As a Product Designer, you’ll be responsible for designing user experiences for internal engineering tools and workflows leveraged by technical persona across Netflix.
In this role, you will
- Drive collaboration with other partner design teams, product managers, and engineers to design and build a unified experience across our engineering tools.
- Craft elegant and intuitive experiences that scale across our engineering teams while contributing to our design system and UX guidelines.
- Create and sustain scalable practices and frameworks for the design team itself.
What we're looking for
- Proven expertise in the user-centered design process, mainly product and interaction design skills.
- Ability to use systems thinking in technical spaces to break down complexity into solvable problems.
- Experience designing for scale by using design systems & components in your design process.
- Ability to think deeply about the ins and outs and edge cases.
- Be the voice for customer-centric design while balancing both Netflix and partner business goals.
- Experience leading design strategy and execution from 0 to 1 with minimal oversight and well-organized operational rigor.
- Prioritization mindset that balances progress with focussing and finishing
- Communication skills to drive alignment with your cross-functional stakeholders and external partners, influence decision-making, and articulate the rationale behind your concepts.
- Flexibility to context switch between complex and technical problem spaces.
- A mature and ego-free attitude that welcomes candid feedback.
Nice to haves
- Experience in the engineering tools space.
- Experience conducting user research, specifically with internal partner teams.
- Experience designing engineering tools or tools for a technical population.
- Familiarity or direct experience with software development.
Does this sound interesting but overwhelming? Please don’t self-select out; let’s figure it out together. We’d love to talk to you!
We are an equal opportunity employer and celebrate diversity, recognizing that diversity of thought and background builds more substantial teams. We approach diversity and inclusion seriously and thoughtfully. We do not discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Want to know more about our team? You can learn about us:
The Netflix culture
Productivity Engineering Podcast