Product Designer, Finances
Eventbrite is a global self-service ticketing and experience technology platform that serves a community of nearly one million event creators in over 180 countries. With over 300 million tickets distributed to more than 4 million experiences in 2019, Eventbrite is where people worldwide discover new things or ways to do more of what they love.
Since its inception, Eventbrite has touched millions of event creators and consumers, helping them get together, explore their interests, and pursue their passions through live experiences. Now, we’re embarking on a journey to make our platform even more powerful and intuitive for our most valuable creators. Growing our event creator base, helping them onboard and adopt our product, and ultimately staying on as satisfied customers are critical to Eventbrite’s success.
To help us deliver on this ambitious vision, we are looking for a product designer with a proven track record of holistically thinking about the customer experience and striving to make product features and functionality easy to use and discover. Sounds like you? Let’s talk.
Design is a core part of our DNA at Eventbrite. We have a centralized design team that works with product managers and engineers to positively impact our users’ lives and businesses. To that end, designers are embedded in product teams to get to know our users better, collaborate effectively, and focus diligently on our products. The team cares deeply about design as a craft and values constructive feedback as an opportunity for improvement. Design at Eventbrite strives to engage with the professional community, participating in regular programs and events with influential professionals in design.
We’re looking for a Product Designer to help us revamp the financial experience of our event creators. We want to make sure they understand everything happening with their finances and introduce a series of new functionalities to provide easy access to their transactions.
- Work on one of the most complex parts of our product, designing easy-to-use and self-service experiences, impacting thousands of creators worldwide and helping them grow their businesses.
- Design the next-level user experience for how event creators manage their funds and receive payouts for their events.
- Partner with Engineers, Product and Design Leaders to identify, define, and document patterns that can speed up the transition of our pages to a new modern front-end framework.
- Work cross-functionally to ensure cohesiveness of user experiences in relation to other parts of the product and collaborate across multiple teams to ensure alignment.
- Partner with UX Research, Product, and Engineering to understand user needs through qualitative and quantitative data and design solutions that balance experimentation and iterative development
- Engage and support a culture of feedback with other designers and cross-functional peers to continuously improve the quality of design
- At least 3+ years of product design experience working with products that have shipped.
- A portfolio showcasing how you approach problems and processes from hypothesis to execution with cross-functional teams.
- A user-centered approach to designing software and services for people.
- An obsession for pixel-perfect designs.
- Experience consuming qualitative and quantitative data to formulate hypotheses and inform design decisions
- Experience designing for diverse groups of people (localization, accessibility).
- Excellent UX, UI/Visual, and communication/storytelling skills.
- Growth mindset in a constantly evolving industry.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in English.
- Experience in the financial industry.
- Previously contributed to Design System.s
WHAT WE OFFER
At Eventbrite, we strive to support our Britelings and their loved ones through different stages of life with robust and attractive benefits, financial and physical wellness options, and great perks. In addition to offering a competitive salary and company stock, we have other great benefits available. In the Briteland, you’ll find great medical plans, fertility and adoption benefits, wellness reimbursement, generous parental leave, and much more.
We care about your mental health and wellbeing.
Our employees enjoy free coaching sessions with Modern Health. We also offer free therapy sessions with a psychologist. You’ll also have access to private medical insurance for you and your family, that includes dental care. And our wellness program to pay for your gym expenses.
We work hard to cultivate a diverse, equitable and inclusive culture where Britelings feel like they belong.
Employees can participate in resource groups and we offer programming throughout the year to support a diverse and inclusive workplace.
We offer ongoing training and career development that meets people where they are in their careers.
We offer unlimited access to courses in Udemy, leadership coaching for all managers, Briteling led talks, and weekly company-wide town halls with our CEO. We take culture seriously and design programs with employee feedback in mind to make Eventbrite a great place to work no matter where you work from in the world.
Work-life balance & flexibility is extremely important to us.
Our employees can choose what works best for them: work in one of our offices, be fully remote or the best of both worlds! We believe in a flexible working environment to allow Britelings to perform at their best ensuring a healthy work-life balance. We have recently implemented Britebreak Fridays: all Britelings turn off their computers and take the first Friday of every month off to focus on their wellbeing.
Eventbrite is a global self-service ticketing and experience technology platform that serves a community of hundreds of thousands of event creators in nearly 180 countries. Since inception, Eventbrite has been at the center of the experience economy, transforming the way people organize and attend events. The company was founded by Julia Hartz, Kevin Hartz and Renaud Visage, with a vision to build a self-service platform that would make it possible for anyone to create and sell tickets to live experiences. The Eventbrite platform provides an intuitive, secure, and reliable service that enables creators to plan and execute their live and online events, whether it’s an annual culinary festival attracting thousands of foodies, a professional webinar, a weekly yoga workshop or a youth dance class. With over 290 million tickets distributed for over 5 million total events in 2021, Eventbrite is where people all over the world discover new things to do or new ways to do more of what they love. Learn more at www.eventbrite.com.
IS THIS ROLE NOT AN EXACT FIT?
Eventbrite is a proud equal opportunity/affirmative action employer supporting workforce diversity. We do not discriminate based upon race, ethnicity, ancestry, citizenship status, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), marital status, registered domestic partner status, caregiver status, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, genetic information, military or veteran status, mental or physical disability, political affiliation, status as a victim of domestic violence, assault or stalking, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.
Eventbrite believes that vaccines are one of the most powerful tools to fight COVID-19 and save lives. It aligns to our mission to bring the world back together through live experiences. Proof of completed COVID-19 vaccination will be required for all US applicants and employees to enter any Eventbrite office and/or interact in a physical setting with Eventbrite employees. Eventbrite will consider exceptions to this policy for medical or religious reasons on an individualized basis.