Product Designer, Rewards
Affirm is reinventing credit to make it more honest and friendly, giving consumers the flexibility to buy now and pay later without any hidden fees or compounding interest. Affirm proudly includes Returnly.
We're looking for a Product Designer to help build new consumer experiences across the Activation, Engagement, and Monetization charters within the Affirm Consumer Design Team. You have a breadth of consumer product experience by leveraging your superpower of creating simple and clear experience to improve our consumers' relationship with payments and money. You're opinionated about product direction down to the pixels and words, and are relentless about improving the experience. Which results in a win-win-win for our users, merchant and Affirm. You partner well with design leadership: design, research and content to ensure cohesion across the design organization and help drive internal cultural change to champion our users.
What you'll do
- Help shape the design for our consumer experience
- Work through complex and ambiguous situations to clarity and focus
- Support with prioritization of short term to long term results-oriented work that drives impact
- Partner closely with research, content, product management, and to identify opportunities to invest in delightful experiences
- Foster an inclusive environment to allow teams to thrive
- Leverage operational rigor for design using principles, frameworks, to support and guide your team for continuous growth of the function and the product.
What we look for
- 1-2 years experience in consumer product/ux design focused roles
- Strong thought approach to the craft of design informed by user needs
- Knows how to hold a bar for executional craft and shipping to learn
- Self sufficient and uses leadership and peers to seek out feedback and ideas
- Ability of operational rigor to improve the culture of the team and cross functional partnerships.
- Familiar with working with and contributing to a design system
- A demonstrated portfolio of your work thinking strategically across multiple consumer experience and shipping successful in-app/web experiences in a fast-paced environment. (Required)
Location - Remote U.S.
Grade - USA28
Affirm is proud to be a remote-first company! The majority of our roles are remote and can be located anywhere in the U.S. and Canada (with the exception of the U.S. Territories, Quebec, Yukon, Nunavut, and the Northwest Territories) unless the job indicates a different global location. We are currently building operations in Spain, Poland, and Australia. Employees in remote roles have the option of working remotely or from an Affirm office in their country of hire, and may occasionally travel to an Affirm office or elsewhere for required meetings or team-building events. Our offices in Chicago, New York, Pittsburgh, Salt Lake City, San Francisco and Toronto will remain operational and accessible for anyone to use on a voluntary basis, subject to local COVID-19 guidelines.
All full-time jobs at Affirm (excluding interns and apprentices) are tied to a transparent grade-based pay range taking location into account.
[Colorado Candidates] In accordance with Colorado's Equal Pay for Equal Work Act, the grade for this position in Colorado is listed above. You can find the Colorado base pay range and benefits here.
If you got this far, we hope you're feeling excited about this role. Even if you don't feel you meet every single requirement, we still encourage you to apply. We're eager to meet people who believe in Affirm's mission and can contribute to our team in a variety of ways—not just candidates who check all the boxes.
At Affirm, People Come First is one of our core values, and that's why diversity and inclusion are vital to our priorities as an equal opportunity employer. You can read about our D&I program here and our progress thus far in our 2021 DEI Report.
We also believe It's On Us to provide an inclusive interview experience for all, including people with disabilities. We are happy to provide reasonable accommodations to candidates in need of individualized support during the hiring process.