Product Owner / Solution Architect
We are looking for a passionate and experienced Product Owner / Solution Architect to join our UK technical team.
LEO are world-leaders in learning; creating award-winning content and building enterprise-scale technology ecosystems that stand up to the expectations of today's learners. We work with a huge-range of global corporations, government, public sector and charitable organisations.
The successful candidate will need to have strong leadership experience, have worked in the digital customer service sector and have excellent communication skills. Responsible for managing, leading and working alongside a dynamic team of technical specialists to translate diverse client requirements into deliverable solutions, and supporting the development of these solutions throughout the production life-cycle.
They will be expected to bring industry-wide best-practice to all of their work whilst maintaining a high level of technical knowledge. They will need to work very closely with other disciplines and to communicate effectively within and external to LEO.
As a client facing role, there may be a requirement to travel for face to face engagements. With this there is an expectation of flexibility with regards to travel and hours.
What does a successful candidate look like?
To succeed in the role, the candidate must demonstrate on a daily basis that they are self-motivated, results orientated, highly resilient, emotionally sensitive with the ability to take ownership and accountability at the highest levels for all customer requirements & solutions.
What will you be doing daily?
We work with some of the best customers in the world, working to solve real and exciting challenges that they encounter. As the Product Owner / Solution Architect you will;
- take ownership and accountability for multiple projects/products, working closely with the internal teams to Implement and support key Agile/SCRUM methodologies,
- build strong relationships with clients stakeholders and subject matter experts as the main technical point of contact in order to solicit complex requirements,
- translate customer requirements into a clear vision and product backlog, writing user stories and balancing these with satisfying customer needs,
- work closely with the internal teams to understand, refine & estimate requirements, using your technical knowledge to ensure that these estimates are appropriate and robust,
- understand the priorities of work and ensuring that sprint goals are agreed and work with the internal teams to ensure releases are achieved,
- continually collect and analyse feedback from all stakeholder and subject matter experts to identify any opportunities for improving and enhancing projects/products and use this to guide product development,
- Regularly communicating progress on projects and deliverables to both internal and external stakeholders.
Location & commitments:
- Full-time, permanent role @ 37.5 hours per week
- Flexible working aligned with one of our UK offices
- Overtime work occasionally required to support project/product timelines
- Occasional travel is required to visit clients
- Self motivated and results orientated
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, both written and verbal
- Proven ability to take ownership & accountability of requirements/solutions
- Proven experience within a product owner role or similar
- Proven experience within all stages of the product development lifecycle
- Proven experience with JIRA and writing user stories
- Proven experience with Microsoft Office & Google Suite
- Experience with wireframing tools; e.g. Balsamiq, Adobe XD
- Experience with xAPI and SCORM standards
- Understanding of a range of learning technology
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.