HOW MIGHT YOU DEFY IMAGINATION?
You’ve earned your degree. How will you use that achievement to reach your goals? Do more with the knowledge you’ve worked hard to acquire and the passion you already have. At Amgen, our shared mission—to serve patients—drives all that we do. It is key to our becoming one of the world’s leading biotechnology companies, reaching over 10 million patients worldwide. Become the professional you are meant to be in this meaningful role.
Product Software Engineer (US Remote)
What you will do
Let’s do this. Let’s change the world. In this vital role you will work alongside Solution Architects, Engineers, and Business Analysts to design, build and scale digital products, all while learning and growing your career and skills.
About the Team:
The Coverage & Pricing Analytics team is being stood up as a part of the Contracts & Pricing Product within GCO DTI that is focused on developing new deal modeling and forecasting technology capabilities to increase revenue opportunities in the US market for Amgen’s products. This is a cross-functional team that in collaboration with other GCO DTI teams will develop and mature new digital product capabilities as part of the highly visible Gross-to-Net Transformation initiative
- Bring product capabilities to life by translating concepts and ideas to software features
- Lead the architecture, design, development, testing, implementation and DevOps of Coverage & Pricing’s Deal Modeling, Forecasting and Analytics Products on GCO’s AWS Data Lake and Anaplan platforms
- Deliver a wide range of technology features applying data engineering, backend software/API development, and AWS cloud infrastructure
- Develop, configure, and integrate solutions across technologies including Databricks, EKS, S3, Lambda, RDS, Redshift, Docker, Kubernetes, Dash, etc.
- Work across teams to support the technology stack of Commercial’s Coverage, Contracting and Pricing products on standard City Plan platforms (Model N, SAP, Salesforce, GDNA, Anaplan, AWS Redshift/Alteryx/Tableau)
- Lead implementation and deployment planning, system integration, regression testing, and sustainability of technical solutions
- Lead automation efforts and drive rapid prototyping and scaling across products and processes including spearheading efforts around test automation pipelines within standard DevOps frameworks
What we expect of you
We are all different, yet we all use our unique contributions to serve patients. The professional we seek is an engineer with these qualifications.
Master’s degree and 3 years of engineering experience
Bachelor’s degree and 5 years of engineering experience
Associate’s degree and 10 years of engineering experience
High school diploma / GED and 12 years of engineering experience
- BS or MS in computer science or related field
- Data engineering, analysis and reporting experience using analytics, visualization, and database technologies (AWS stack plus Alteryx and Tableau)
- Experience working in Agile teams & DevOps frameworks (Jenkins, JIRA, GitHub) and implementing CI/CD processes
- Experience working with container technologies (e.g., Docker) and developing micro-services and APIs
- Experience with native cloud computing, design, development, and security patterns for AWS, GCP, or Azure
- Experience with developing test automation frameworks for browser and backend testing using standard toolsets (e.g., Selenium)
- Ability to quickly assimilate knowledge and learn platforms, languages, tools, and technologies
Some of the vast rewards of working here
As we work to develop treatments that take care of others, we also work to care for our teammates’ professional and personal growth and well-being.
- Full support and career-development resources to expand your skills, enhance your expertise, and improve your potential along your career journey
- A diverse and inclusive community of belonging, where teammates are empowered to bring ideas to the table and act
- Generous Total Rewards Plan—comprising health, finance and wealth, work/life balance, and career benefits—with compensation and benefits rated above 4 stars (out of 5) on Glassdoor
for a career that defies imagination
Objects in your future are closer than they appear. Join us.
If you're seeking a career where you can truly make a difference in the lives of others, a career where you can work at the absolute forefront of biotechnology with the top minds in the field, you'll find it at Amgen.
Amgen, a biotechnology pioneer, discovers, develops and delivers innovative human therapeutics. Our medicines have helped millions of patients in the fight against cancer, kidney disease, rheumatoid arthritis and other serious illnesses.
As an organization dedicated to improving the quality of life for people around the world, Amgen fosters an inclusive environment of diverse, ethical, committed and highly accomplished people who respect each other but compete intensely to win. Together, we live the Amgen values as we continue advancing science to serve patients.
Amgen is an Equal Opportunity employer and will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
Amgen requires all staff in the United States, Puerto Rico and Canada to be vaccinated from COVID 19 as a condition of employment. In accordance with applicable law, Amgen will provide reasonable accommodations to staff members who qualify on the basis of a medical reason or a sincerely held religious belief, practice, or observance. Such accommodation may not pose an undue hardship to Amgen, its operations, or its staff.