Project Manager, Product Operations
Xometry (NASDAQ: XMTR) powers the industries of today and tomorrow by connecting the people with big ideas to the manufacturers who can bring them to life. Xometry’s digital marketplace gives manufacturers the critical resources they need to grow their business while also making it easy for buyers at Fortune 1000 companies to tap into global manufacturing capacity.
Xometry is making the seemingly impossible, possible. Founded in 2013, we are shaking up the custom manufacturing industry by doing in seconds what typically takes days or even weeks. Our proprietary instant quoting technology and nationwide manufacturing network have allowed us to create an on-demand manufacturing service that holds an enviable niche sitting atop the $70 billion custom parts industry. We’ve recently started to expand our business even further to provide a variety of new services for the users of our platform. We give customers at companies like GE, BMW, and NASA access to the production capacity of over 5,000 manufacturers with wide-ranging capabilities across the globe.
The Project Manager role serves as a critical member of the Product, Design, and Technology team for Xometry. This position reports to the CTO.
Product Operations is responsible for driving Xometry’s multitude of cross-functional initiatives, company-wide. This is an exciting role, with high visibility and expectations from executive leadership, as we are establishing the structure and cadence for everything from strategic roadmaps to new product launches. In this role you will build and support a culture of standard work, rigorous accountability, and achievement of outcomes.
- Responsible for the organization, management, documentation, execution and completion of enterprise projects
- Manage communication with stakeholders and executives, including, but not limited to, project status, escalation, milestone completion, investment and risks
- Ensure consistency and synergy across multiple functional teams
Project Management Team Responsibilities:
- Coordinate teams through key milestones and project phases
- Participate/lead daily/weekly stand-ups and meetings
- Meet with individual team members to raise questions and resolve issues
- Educate and develop colleagues on Project Management standards and practices
- Foster a culture based on accountability and transparency
- Organize, facilitate, and participate in business rhythms (meetings, reporting, stand-ups, readouts, etc.)
- Create a detailed project management plan and other project documents (Action Item Register, Risk Register, Scope, Timeline, etc.)
- Introduce standards, templates, and practices for initiative management, while remaining flexible
- Surface and solve project-related issuesDefine the project’s scope, set milestones and deadlines
- Assign, prioritize, and supervise project tasks (task management)
- Identify, escalate, and manage risks
- Track project performance using appropriate KPIs, metrics, tools, and techniques
- Submit deliverables and ensure they adhere to quality standards
KPIs and Measurements:
- Successful attainment of Enterprise goals for Revenue, Margin and Expenses.
Qualifications / Requirements:
- 1-4 years project management and related experience in a technology company preferred
- Familiarity and experience with project management tools, methodologies, and best practices
- Highly organized, detail-oriented, self-directed, and extremely resourceful, with the ability to aggregate information from many different sources
- Candidates must be able to quickly adapt to rapidly changing priorities, and must be comfortable with ambiguity and minimal direction from leadership
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to quickly adjust to the needs of the audience, remaining flexible while also building toward a structured project management methodology and mindset for the enterprise
- Exceptional written and verbal business communication skills
- Project Management Professional (PMP) certification a plus
- Must be a US citizen, green card holder, or a legal permanent resident of the United States.
What's in it for you?
- Opportunity to work with executive leaders and play a key role in driving growth
- Work in a highly collaborative, self-organizing environment with autonomy
- Competitive salary + comprehensive benefits.
- Flexible working hours with paid time off.
- Health, Dental, Vision, Commuter, Dependent Care, Primary & Secondary Parental Leave, and 401K benefit options.
- Continuous development opportunities such as onsite training, meetups, conferences, and online training subscriptions.
- Stock Options – We are a growing startup so you get a piece of the pie.
- And more!
If this job isn’t for you but you have a friend who may be a perfect fit - share this job with them!
Xometry is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.
Xometry participates in E-Verify and after a job offer is accepted, will provide the federal government with your Form I-9 information to confirm that you are authorized to work in the U.S.