R & D Technical Writer
R&D Tax Technical Writer Role - Full-Time Employee (100% Remote)
COMPENSATION: * $65,000-$75,000
SCHEDULE: 40 hours per week
Kruze Consulting is hiring an R&D Tax Technical Writer. If you love to research and write
and enjoy working in a fast-paced, high-growth, and completely remote organization, this will be
an exciting opportunity for you.
GATHER INFORMATION & WRITE REPORTS ~70% of the position*
- Research and assess professional backgrounds for application to R&D tax credit
- Review client slide decks, PowerPoint presentations, whitepapers, patents, and other
- Review recorded interviews of client personnel
- Compile a company profile for each eligible client based on the information for the
current tax year
- Prepare a comprehensive R&D tax study for each client
ASSIST R&D TAX ANALYSTS ~20% of the position*
- Gather and analyze financial statements and tax returns
- Prepare R&D credit workbooks for client meetings
- Prepare R&D credit quotes for clients
- Prepare and review R&D credit calculations
- Prepare Form 8974 filings for clients
- Construct and maintain R&D tax credit client workflow status
ADMINISTRATIVE ~10% of the position*
- Meet with Manager weekly to discuss progress and new assignments
- Detail-oriented, thorough, very disciplined with critical thinking
- Driven to achieve operational efficiencies
- Excellent written and verbal communicator
- You are not afraid of technology
- You are a team player
Why Join Kruze Consulting?*
Kruze Consulting is a rapidly growing startup that provides Startup Accounting, Tax, and CFO
Consulting services to startups in Silicon Valley, Los Angeles, and New York. The firm has
750+ Seed, Series A, and Series B clients. The firm was started 10 years ago by Vanessa
Kruze, CPA, and now has 140+ team members. The firm handles all its client’s accounting,
Bookkeeping, Finance, Human Resources, and Tax issues. Kruze utilizes best-of-breed
software tools such as QuickBooks, Gusto, Justworks, Rippling, Expensify, Bill.com, Zoom,
Slack, and Brex. The client base is venture capital-backed startups and recent graduates from
YC, 500 Startups, StartX, and Techstars.
At Kruze Consulting, you are not just a cog in the system but an integral part of our company
and our client's company. You’ll do impactful work with many high-growth startup clients who
are changing the world for the better, and we are honored to stand with them in their mission.
We have an amazing company culture.*
- Diversity: We are a diverse community and value different backgrounds, ages, genders,
lifestyles, and personalities. Balance makes our team successful.
- Collaboration: The phrase “it takes a village” comes to mind. We take pride in sharing
knowledge and best practices with each other.
- Transparency: On Monday Mornings, we debrief and share with every team member on
the previous week's successes and failures.
- Respect: Every employee at Kruze is a high-performing professional, and we treat each
other with courtesy, politeness, and kindness.
- Wellness: To us, wellness is a healthy work-life balance, enjoying social outings, sleep,
meditation, time with family and friends, exercise, and games.
We are a fully distributed company.*
Our staff is 100% remote, giving us the opportunity to hire the best and brightest talent from
around the world.
Visit our website at https://kruzeconsulting.com/remote-accounting-jobs/ to learn more about the
benefits of working for Kruze.
We offer competitive benefits, including: *
Medical, Dental, and Vision, 401k, FSA, PTO (10 days), Sick Time Off (9 days), New Client
Origination Bonus of 2.5% of first-year client revenue.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $65,000.00 - $75,000.00 per year