Platform.sh is a remote-first global workforce that began in France. Our founders are committed to a better way, and that common thread continues today in each of our staff. We’re inspired by a future where digital infrastructure is at once everywhere and invisible. Where innovation and collaboration can easily flow, without technical barriers.
We’re a collective of diverse backgrounds seated together, testing, innovating, challenging each other, and reflecting on new ways to improve digital experiences. We’re here to help our customers thrive.
Bring your experience to our team and help us build a better way!
We are looking for a Senior Copywriter to make us clear and engaging. Your work will elevate our brand and aid in explaining our product in a relatable way that focuses on our product value. We’re looking for someone who deeply cares about small character counts, simplifying, and collaborating with teams.
This role reports to the Director of Corporate Marketing and Communications and collaborates on with Brand Design, Sales, and People teams.
Our organization is distributed across the world in 38 countries. This position is for the EMEA region and timezone.
What you can expect to do on a daily basis
- Craft messaging that is concise, clear and stands-out across a range of internal and external communications including marketing material, ads, events collateral, presentations, landing pages, storyboards, video scripts, swag, and more
- Get approval and alignment on initial concepts of a project that are always grounded in strategic thinking and meet project goals
- Work collaboratively to elevate our written communications by reviewing, proofing and approving copy
- Work across teams effectively to raise the bar in all our written materials. Offer critique and be open to constructive feedback
- Tailor messaging to different audiences that creates engagement and business results
- Be the defender and educator of the brand voice and messaging framework throughout the company
What you bring
- A strong understanding of brand strategy and multichannel marketing
- Clear understanding of the partnership between brand, messaging and visual to achieve desired business objectives and project results
- Understanding of brand and good design, able to deliver compelling creative
- A caring mindframe and an empathetic spirit. The ability to think from other perspectives is a tool we ask of all employees as well as high emotional intelligence, ability to handle constructive criticism and competing idea
- 7 + years copywriting in a B2B environment
- A deep passion for storytelling and making your words count
- Enthusiasm for collaboration and the ability to bring patience to tense situations or fast turnarounds
- English fluency, or being a native speaker
Nice to have
- Experience writing for infographics, motion graphics, video and social media
- Experience working with a global brand
- Experience working with a SaaS or PaaS company
- German or French fluency
What we bring as a team
We trust each other - Try, succeed, fail we will always have your back!
We have fun - We work seriously without taking ourselves too seriously
We are team players - Teamwork makes the dream work!
We are transparent - We believe in explicit communication and constructive feedback
This is a remote job. Work from these countries in the EMEA region: France, UK, Germany, Spain.
We’re a worldwide, distributed team looking for the best talent. Our remote model has been in practice and thriving since 2014. To us, remote work means flexibility and having truly diverse, global teams.
As a side effect of teams being spread across time zones, you may have to tolerate occasional early morning meetings if you live in the Americas, or late night meetings if you live in an APAC country. We do our best to accommodate time zones but there are preferred hours for certain roles and teams. The team you interview with will be able to give you a clear idea of their collaborative hours.
Company perks and benefits
- Leadership that cares
- A global team rich with culture and diversity
- An open work environment where your voice is encouraged. We can always find ways to do better and look forward to hearing your ideas.
- A product you can believe in. We’re changing the way companies develop and manage their web applications
- Wellness stipend of $300 a year
- Professional development budget of $800
- Tandem – a pool of linguists from around the world willing to help each other work on learning new languages
- $3,000 office budget at hire (computer is mandatory but spend the rest on things that help you work, from headphones to a wifi extender) and a welcome kit of branded swag
- A yearly global gift exchange - get paired up with someone 3,000 miles or kilometers away and share a part of your home
- We’re voted as A Best Place to Work by 96% of our employees, have received a Great Workplaces for Women award, and a Forbes Top 30 Companies for Remote Jobs
- Company-wide DE&I initiative that you can be a part of
- Yearly, international, company-wide meetups (when we're not experiencing a pandemic)
- Fair PTO based on your country’s standards
- Inclusive parental leave (timeline is country-dependent)
- Remote working/flexibility
- Healthcare, dental, and vision (The US, CA, UK and FR staff only)
- Matched contributions to 401K/RRSP (the US and Canada staff only)
- Company shares (discretionary)
- Unlimited Platform.sh accounts
About our recruitment process
We don’t expect a great hire to meet every requirement we have listed. If you can see yourself elevating the team we want to hear about your story. Few of us would be here had we not taken a chance.
You can expect 1-4 interviews on Google Meet. We leave the process fairly customizable to teams and roles, so in some scenarios, we’re able to streamline the process to have minimal rounds. Expect a higher number of rounds for director level roles and above.
Additionally, you can schedule coffee chats with potential future peers while you’re in the recruitment process to see if you can envision working together. Use interview and coffee time to make sure the company aligns with your best working environment.
All roles require background checks.
About our software
We are the most unified, secure, enterprise-grade platform for building, running, and scaling fleets of websites and applications. Platform.sh is trusted by 5,000+ organizations globally to create the best digital experiences.