The work we do has an impact on millions of lives, and you can be a part of it.
We help protect our customers against life’s uncertainties. Regardless of where you work within the company, you’ll be helping provide protection and peace of mind when our customers need it most.
The Senior Copywriter collaborates with our in-house creative and strategy teams to deliver a wide range of content crafted to inform, engage, and delight their intended audience(s). This includes sales enablement tools, presentations, advertisements, direct mail, event support, newsletters, and more.
- Research, conceptualize, and compose innovative content that supports marketing strategies and creative briefs.
- Demonstrated ability to translate complex ideas from multiple reference sources into stories that engage and delight the target audience(s).
- Collaborate with Associate Creative Directors, peers, and key stakeholders on how to best achieve defined objectives.
- Ensure consistency and quality across all written content.
- Help to foster a culture of inclusion, innovation, and creativity.
- Proactively manage deadlines across multiple projects in a fast-paced, Agile environment.
- Use your subject matter expertise to help elevate our brand strategy.
- Develop a deep understanding of the products and services you will be marketing and how they are nuanced across distribution channels.
- Ability to pitch creative concepts to in-house customers.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- 5+ years of experience producing copy across print channels (and a portfolio of your work)
- Ability to simplify complex, highly technical financial concepts to a non-technical audience(s)
- An iterative and feedback-driven approach to writing, testing, and editing copy.
- Experience using technology to collaborate, such as Workfront, SmartSheet, TFS, Jira, etc.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred, with a concentration in journalism, marketing, communications, or related discipline.
- Knowledge of sales and marketing processes, as well as investment products and services, are a plus.
Protective’s targeted salary range for this position is $75,000 - $90,000. Actual salaries may vary depending on factors, including but not limited to, job location, skills, and experience. The range listed is just one component of Protective’s total compensation package for employees.
This position also offers additional incentive opportunities through an annual incentive based on individual and Company performance.
We aim to protect our employees' wellbeing through a broad benefits offering. For example, we protect physical wellbeing through health, dental and vision insurance. We protect mental wellbeing through mental health benefits and an employee assistance program. We protect time away from work with a variety of paid time away benefits ( e.g., paid time off, paid parental leave, short-term disability, and a cultural observance day). We protect financial wellbeing through contributions to healthcare accounts, a pension plan, and a 401(k) plan with Company matching. All employees are encouraged to protect their overall wellbeing by engaging in ProHealth Rewards, Protective’s platform to improve wellbeing while earning cash rewards.
Eligibility for certain benefits may vary by position in accordance with the terms of the Company’s benefit plans.
Diversity and Inclusion :
At Protective, we are committed to providing an inclusive culture where all employees are able to fully contribute and thrive. Our goal is to grow and develop our people, attract diverse talent and support strong, diverse communities.
We support diversity, equity, and inclusion by working to develop a culture of inclusion and belonging led by leaders who develop potential and embrace unique skills and abilities. Our aim is to create an equitable and accountable environment for all leaders and employees that will drive performance and impact business strategy. In this way, we can increase overall diversity for leadership roles and pipelines of talent by maturing our hiring practices, robust development opportunities and focus on retention of key talent.
We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer committed to being inclusive and attracting, retaining, and growing the talents of a diverse and inclusive workforce.