Senior Product Manager
Simon Data was founded in 2015 by a team of successful serial entrepreneurs. We are an enterprise customer data platform that empowers marketers to create personalized data-driven experiences for the customers. We’re scrappy problem solvers who believe in tackling big challenges with disruptive thinking and giving our customers the support they need to deliver great next-generation experiences at scale.
Simon Data is a data-first customer experience orchestration platform, designed to disrupt the marketing technology and marketing cloud category. Simon’s platform empowers businesses to use enterprise-scale data and machine learning to power customer communications across every channel. Our unique approach allows brands to develop one-to-one relationships with their customers without building a bespoke in-house data infrastructure.
At Simon, we firmly believe that business success starts and ends with people. We all do our best work when we are surrounded by other friendly top performers who want to succeed together. This attitude is core to our values. When you trust your team, invest in their development, and give them ownership, great things happen.
As a Product Manager at Simon Data you will guide our suite of data and marketing products from targeted problems, through idea and implementation, to delivery and success. You will be responsible for researching use cases, articulating market opportunities, and conveying a clear connection to value for our customers. This position is a fit for you if you bring focus and tenacity to solving problems, obsess about user experience, and take ownership in guiding the creation of products. This position requires a desire to be close to clients and evangelize how Simon’s capabilities can transform their business.
In this role, your typical day might include leading a conversation with clients to comprehend their business problems and educate them about the value of Simon’s platform, collaborating with members of the engineering team to guide the development of a new product feature, using SQL and data analysis tools to explore data, and presenting the results of an analysis to the executive team.
You are the right person for this role if you are a skilled communicator; love to work closely with clients, engineers, and executive leadership; can translate the technical language used in creating products to highlight the value for the end user; and are adept at handling multiple responsibilities. If this sounds like you, we would love to hear from you!
What You’ll Do
A successful Product Manager will need to:
- Understand the commercial implications of their product decisions, size opportunities for their team, manage trade offs, and contribute to effectively to pricing discussions
- Work closely with customers to understand pain points and use cases
- Work with with stakeholders to develop a product vision
- Take ownership of products throughout the development lifecycle to ensure success
- Manage trade-offs and make decisions about product priorities given business goals and resource limitations
- Define and lead product initiatives that tackle important problems for our clients, help them achieve their business goals, and drive increased value through the platform
- Define a path to delivery that includes identifying blockers, dependencies, and risk factors across engineering, design, sales, and customer success
- Convey project progress across the company to key stakeholders
- Build internal documentation, support material, and marketing collateral around product specifications and capabilities
- Provide product education both internally and externally
- Partner with customer-facing teams to ensure client success
As a successful Product Manager you possess the ability to:
- Experience successfully delivering new products to market, from conception to market validation
- Listen effectively to customers, prospects and internal stakeholders to form opinions on important problems
- Define and execute on plans to test your hypotheses and produce recommendations for business decisions
- Work closely with engineering management to deliver great product outcomes
- Work closely with Customer Success leadership and go to market teams to deliver great market outcomes for your products
- Communicate effectively with a variety of audiences including direct customers, engineers, and executives
What We Offer
- 100% coverage of medical premiums for employee AND family
- Flexible PTO
- Generous Maternity and Paternity Leave
- Remote work, quarterly wellness, and client support stipend
Visa sponsorship for this role is currently not available.
We’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer open to all qualified applicants regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or expression, Veteran status, or any other legally protected status.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.