Senior Sourcing Manager, Procurement
Are you looking for a company that inspires passion, courage and creativity, where you can be on the team shaping the future of global commerce? Want to shape how millions of people buy, sell, connect, and share around the world? If you’re interested in joining a purpose driven community that is dedicated to crafting an ambitious and inclusive work environment, join eBay a company you can be proud to be with!
The Global Procurement Organization is looking for a Senior Sourcing Manager, Procurement to be responsible for the development and execution of high value procurement related activities and projects globally, with a focus on the marketing category. You will use sourcing tools and processes to facilitate market research, identify optimal procurement scenarios, and lead supplier negotiations, while ultimately driving annual savings targets, improved efficiency, and optimization of Total Cost of Ownership (TCO). You will be encouraged to build strong partnerships with internal and external stakeholders while driving optimal value for eBay.
- Direct purchases for high value indirect related spend along with ad hoc requests as required by business divisions. Partner with internal and external stakeholders to collect and develop key requirements and work to direct into appropriate buying channels to extract maximum value.
- Lead cross functional teams through an end-to-end sourcing project plan for high risk large spend products and services inclusive of financial viability analyses, supplier risk, negotiation plans, and supplier selection. Involved in budgeting process with BU clients. Leads team in understanding how projects fall within eBay strategy.
- Lead sourcing need identification, market research, competitive bid review, and direct negotiations while demonstrating best in class procurement methodologies to ensure efficient TCO.
- Decision point relative to execution of sourcing strategies including RFx, multi-bid, market test, direct negotiations, and catalog negotiations.
- Analyze procurement spend to provide visibility on key savings opportunities and assist in developing a roadmap for achieving savings targets.
- Operate as the Subject Matter Expert on assigned category. Provide category and industry knowledge to key partners including market drivers and suppliers, cost structures and technical improvements.
- 10-12+ years relevant experience across supply chain, with particular focus in strategic sourcing, contract negotiation, competitive price analysis, supplier relationship management and performance management.
- Bachelor’s degree required, MBA desirable, including additional applicable work experience. Strong track record delivering Marketing procurement results in a highly dynamic environment.
- Relevant experience leading end to end sourcing projects including need identification, market research, competitive bid reviews, direct negotiation activities, supplier selection, and on-boarding.
- In-depth knowledge of industry and market trends including analysis of market drivers, cost structures and technical improvements.
- Strong executive presence with ability to step in and lead major initiatives while driving outcomes across all levels of the organizational hierarchy, including the C-suite.
- Outstanding interpersonal skills including ability to communicate effectively, form relationships, anticipate needs, and negotiate successful outcomes.
- Must be a self-starter, imaginative innovator, ambitious, driven, internally motivated, and results oriented.
- Able to demonstrate critical thinking and ability to execute on strategies while demonstrating outstanding planning, problem solving and decision-making skills
Benefits are an essential part of your total compensation for the work you do every day. Whether you’re single, in a growing family, or nearing retirement, eBay offers a variety of comprehensive and competitive benefit programs to meet your needs. Including maternal & paternal leave, paid sabbatical, and plans to help ensure your financial security today and in the years ahead because we know feeling financially secure during your working years and through retirement is important.