Senior Tax Accountant (LI888139)
Our client, a tech-forward accounting startup focused on delivering accounting, tax, and planning services for business owners & high net worth individuals is looking for a REMOTE Senior Tax Accountant with experience handling onboarding and accounting for business clients. Basic advisory work- tax strategy and planning. A mix of individual and businesses clients. Seeking someone who can take ownership of clients.
- You're an independent thinker, tech savvy, and a problem solver
- Great communicator, comfortable on Zoom calls, and have the ability to deliver a 'wow' experience to clients
- Passionate about accounting & tax, with a desire to continue learning and perfecting your craft.
- Someone that enjoys training and team building - we are always trying to up our game as a team
- Tax Preparation and Review – You'll manage a book of business including complex individual clients (high net worth, multi-state, rentals, equity, etc.) and business clients (Schedule C, S-Corporation, C-Corporation, LLCs)
- Tax Strategy & Planning – Must be able to evaluate a client’s situation and propose strategies to minimize current and future tax liabilities
- Client Onboarding – Working with new clients to clean up books and records, file back tax returns, and get current on accounting and tax responsibilities. Includes establishing and documenting custom procedures for each client to meet client needs and firm standards.
- Bachelors or Master’s degree in accounting
- CPA or EA REQUIRED
- 7+ years of experience preparing individual & business tax returns
- 5+ years of experience handling accounting for business clients
- Experience with Lacerte preferred
- Experience with NY/NYC clients preferred
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Highly motivated, driven and proactive attitude
- Strong incentive compensation
- Remote work
- Great tech (Slack, GSuite, Karbon, Lacerte, QBO, etc.)
- Generous and flexible PTO
If you feel you have the necessary qualifications to perform this job, please forward a current copy of your resume and state your salary requirements.