Senior Technical Content Writer
Senior Technical Content Writer
Engineer Senior, Step I
HX5 is an award-winning provider of engineering, research and development, and technical services to clients such as NASA and the Department of Defense. Founded in 2004, HX5 is a fast-growing veteran- and woman-owned company with locations nationwide.
HX5 is currently seeking a qualified Senior Technical Content Writer in support of the Missile Defense Agency (MDA) on the Integrated Research and Development for Enterprise Solutions (IRES) contract.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Be a member of a fast-paced, high-performing team and will provide strong written content for the Information Technology Service Delivery (ITSD) division.
- Work collaboratively with stakeholders to develop persuasive and clear contractor performance assessment responses to document the accomplishments of our high-performing team.
- Consult with subject matter experts to prepare new or incorporate changes to existing product documentation, process,procedures, etc.
- Produce summary-level meeting minutes to logically and clearly capture and consolidate decisions, action items, intentions and concerns.
- Perform content management functions, such as document organization, using a central repository.
- Edit IT staff-developed content to create consistent support documentation for proposals and customer briefings.
- Possess strong skills in documentation development, editing, structure and logic flow for technical and non-technical audiences
- Display a strong commitment to a team environment
- Demonstrate the capacity to work with minimal supervision
- Use a self-directed approach to gather and write content, interview SMEs, develop deliverables and coordinate approvals
- Operate and multi-task in a dynamic environment
- Have excellent written and verbal communication
- Be able to understand technical documents relating to missile defense
- Be highly creative, innovative and provide quick-reaction responses
Have additional duties include but are not limited to:
- Collaborating with systems and development staff to collect and interpret technical information to create marketable documentation.
- Providing backup support for coworkers including administration, metrics collections, and document planning.
- Researching, evaluating and recommending new tools and methods to support documentation improvement.
Education and Experience:
- HS Diploma (or GED) and 6 years of general experience; Associate’s degree and 4 years of general experience; Bachelor’s degree and 2 years of general experience; Master’s degree and 0 years of general experience
- Must have 4 years of directly related experience
- Must be proficient in PC applications to include: MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access, SharePoint, and other Microsoft Office Suite applications
- Must have, or able to obtain, an active DOD Secret Security Clearance
- Have experience with SharePoint
- Have experience writing Contractor Performance Assessment Reports (CPARs) or performance awards
Must be a US Citizen and successfully complete a U.S. government background investigation.
Must have the ability to obtain and maintain a SECRET security clearance.
Minimal travel may be expected; this may include air travel.
HX5 offers a competitive salary and benefits package to include:
- Medical/dental/vision insurance
- 401(k) plan with company match
- Paid holidays
- Accrued Paid Time Off
HX5 is an Equal Opportunity and Drug Free Workplace Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
ACCESSIBILITY NOTICE: If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process due to a physical or mental disability, please send an email to: email@example.com, or call (850) 362-6551.
COVID-19 Regulations: As a federal government contractor, HX5 complies with all customer, federal, state, and local requirements regarding COVID-19 regulations, including COVID-19 vaccinations and testing requirements. This means that our employees and new hires, whether working at a customer site, working remotely, or working in an HX5 facility, will need to adhere to applicable COVID-19 requirements. These requirements may include vaccination, attestations regarding your vaccination status and/or COVID-19 testing, and you may be required to show proof of vaccination and/or negative test results as a condition of your employment. Requests for an accommodation will be reviewed and assessed under applicable laws and regulations.