Snr Product Designer
Remote is solving global remote organizations’ biggest challenge: employing anyone anywhere compliantly. We make it possible for businesses big and small to employ a global team by handling global payroll, benefits, taxes, and compliance. Check out remote.com/how-it-works to learn more or if you’re interested in adding to the mission, scroll down to apply now.
Please take a look at remote.com/handbook to learn more about our culture and what it is like to work here. Not only do we encourage folks from all ethnic groups, genders, sexuality, age and abilities to apply, but we prioritize a sense of belonging. You can check out independent reviews by other candidates on Glassdoor or look up the results of our candidate surveys to see how others feel about working and interviewing here.
All of our positions are fully remote. You do not have to relocate to join us!
What this job can offer you
- Make strategic design and user-experience decisions related to core, as well as new functions and features.
- Increase the level of team maturity. Mentor and inspire, give and seek feedback in order to continually raise our bar for quality.
- Identify what is needed for each design phase.
- Partner with Product Managers and Engineers to generate ideas and viable solutions.
- Work directly with the engineering teams to implement new features and iterations and ensure quality standards are met.
- Have a keen ability to create work under minimal supervision and package and present solutions to the broader creative team. Quickly and superbly.
- Create Figma flows that range from low-fidelity wireframes to full-fidelity, pixel-ready designs that lead to intuitive user experiences.
- Contribute to creating and maintaining our design system, participate in team critiques and reviews, assist in user research, organize customer events and design workshops.
- Take a user-centered design approach and rapidly test and iterate your designs.
- Drive yourself and your peers to deliver the best quality of work, pixel-perfect in every way while embracing and encouraging new methods and ways of working.
- Help the organization understand the needs, challenges, and wishes of customers today and in the future.
- Collaborate on project briefs and scoping.
- Improve existing design solutions while also continuing to evolve our brand language.
What you bring
- 5+ years of related experience in product design. This role will service our enterprise users, therefore the ability empathise with enterprise users and to apply user-centered design techniques to strengthen your design solutions is essential.
- As a designer you should love identifying the needs and pain points of a business user who is probably not at all like you. This job is perfect for a designer who enjoys making the complex simple, beautiful and usable.
- Preference will be given to candidates who have experience designing complex products within fintech company or payroll company.
- Service design skills are highly desirable, as this position encompasses multiple user roles and touch points in both online and offline settings.
- An impressive portfolio showcasing a clear understanding of simplicity, typography, interactions and product design.
- An understanding and appreciation of the practice of design iteration by always experimenting, evaluating and learning.
- Proven experience of advocacy for the customer and applying user research insights to your design.
- Contribution in order to keep work from the team consistent with the whole customer experience and designed with the customers' high-level goals and needs.
- Collaboration with product managers, engineers, and cross-functional stakeholders to understand requirements and provide creative, thoughtful solutions.
- Support and help to maintain our Design System, together with other product designers.
- A kind, empathic and patient person.
- Someone who loves working with people and solving problems with them.
- One who cares deeply about diversity and inclusion.
- Fluent written and spoken English.
- It's not required to have experience working remotely, but considered a plus.
- You'll report to: Manager, Product Design
- Team: Design
- Location: Anywhere in the World
- Start date: As soon as possible
Remote Compensation Philosophy
Remote's Total Rewards philosophy is to ensure fair, unbiased compensation and fair equity pay along with competitive benefits in all locations in which we operate. We do not agree to or encourage cheap-labor practices and therefore we ensure to pay above in-location rates. We hope to inspire other companies to support global talent-hiring and bring local wealth to developing countries.
Our benefits & perks are explained in our public handbook at remote.com/benefits.
How you’ll plan your day (and life)
We work async at Remote which means you can plan your schedule around your life (and not around meetings). Read more at remote.com/async.
You will be empowered to take ownership and be proactive. When in doubt you will default to action instead of waiting. Your life-work balance is important and you will be encouraged to put yourself and your family first, and fit work around your needs.
If that sounds like something you want, apply now!
- Interview with recruiter
- Interview with a team manager
- (async) Small challenge
- Interview with Head of Design
- Prior employment verification check(s)
How to apply
Please fill out the form below and upload your CV with a PDF format.
If you don’t have an up to date CV but you are still interested in talking to us, please feel free to add a copy of your LinkedIn profile instead.
Need help? Email email@example.com