Software Project Consultant
Vector Solutions is the leading provider of SaaS-based, mobile enabled management solutions empowering customers in the public, educational and commercial sectors to make safer, smarter, better decisions. Each day from start to finish, Vector Solutions’ comprehensive, end to end suite equips everyday heroes across industries including fire and EMS services, law enforcement, municipalities and public works, K-12, higher ed and special education providers with mission-critical software and content encompassing training, workforce and risk management, and operational readiness.
Providing industry-focused solutions that connect content and technology, Vector’s unique product set includes employee and student training and learning management, continuing education (CE), compliance training, workforce scheduling, safety management, and more. Their extensive online and mobile learning library features curated world-class content to meet the unique needs of their clients in the industrial, engineering, education, and public safety industries.
Reaching more than 34,000 clients and 31 million users worldwide, customers rely on Vector Solutions to help them prepare for the changes that come with new technologies, complex compliance regulations, and more challenging workplaces and environments.
Vector Solutions has ~800 team members across the country. The company is headquartered in Tampa, FL with additional offices in Arlington, VA, Camas, WA, Cincinnati, OH, Bloomington, IN, Farmington, UT, and San Diego, CA.
The goal of the Software Project Consultant Premier Support is to be the Acadis expert providing assigned customers with a level of support that accelerates implementation and the onboarding of other programs while maximizing the value of the investment.
The position has these externally facing responsibilities:
- Gain a thorough understanding of the customers’ business processes and educate them on how our software will impact their business practices.
- Understand industry best practices to integrate them into customer sites and counsel customers when they are violating best practice in using our software or general project planning.
- Observe client behavior and perform business requirements analysis as needed.
- Plan implementation tasks with sequencing that provides a smooth implementation and communicate tasks to the customer.
- Assist clients on and off site with optimal configuration, setup and loading of initial data into the system.
- Evaluate client data and provide strategic advice when the application does not meet their needs. Answer the question, “What is the closest they can get when they can’t have exactly what they want?” Any resultant strategies that are implemented should not hinder the client as the application expands.
- Help clients prioritize their needs when funded features are included in the scope of work. Work in partnership with the product team to perform prioritization if the customer is not able to do this work themselves.
- Be aware of the contractual obligations and counsel the customer when they are requesting items outside the scope of their contract. Facilitate communication between the customer and the program manager when the customer would like to increase or reprioritize their contract.
- Represent the capabilities of the software and the general product road map to the client, using diplomacy if it does not match the customer’s priorities.
- Act as the primary point of contact for all customer requests relative to the implementation of the project. The software project consultant will, in turn, coordinate with internal resources and leadership to ensure proper, timely responses and/or actions.
- Facilitate regular status meetings with the client throughout the project implementation. Demonstrate new features and corrections to the software. Define action items for the project team. Document discussions in meeting minutes using standard templates and in a professional manner.
This position has approximately 25% travel.
Must be a U.S. Citizen with the ability to obtain Federal Security Clearance.
- Answer questions stemming from requirements analysis.
- Communicate the facts of client needs to the team without the frustration, unhappiness, pressure, or criticisms that a customer might express.
- Provide training for customers as needed
- Based on knowledge of the customer’s business process, anticipate when a client may more heavily utilize an area of the application and recommend enhancements or fixes that may be necessary, in advance of their use.
- Communicate client progress toward implementation to managerial team through status meeting minutes and week in review notes.
- Support the training staff in understanding the customers’ data and what areas of training the customer needs.
- Alert the program manager when there seems to be a misunderstanding regarding contractual obligations or expectations.
Vector Solutions is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate against applicants on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, age, sex, marital status, sexual orientation, national origin, disability or veteran status.