Software Testing Automation Developer
Travel Required: None
Public Trust: None
Requisition Type: Regular
GDIT is seeking a Software Testing Automation Developer to join our Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS) Durable Medical Equipment (DME) contract. As a test automation developer you will review and evaluate software systems to ensure adherence to company and CMS quality standards, and identify and develop testing automation.
Job Responsibilities and Duties:
- Perform all aspects of system testing, including creating and executing the test plan, test cases, regression testing, and test data/file creation
- Review functional and technical requirements to expose inconsistencies, lack of clarity, or lack of details
- Develop and implement software/systems testing standards and procedures
- Develop or transition software testing to automated methods
- Document and analyze test results and make recommendations to improve overall quality
- Test purchased third-party software and/or services to ensure that company standards and end-user requirements are met
- Participate in / conduct documentation, design, and testing reviews
- Log and track all problems and ideas for new functionality/requirements identified during system and user testing of a release
- Stay abreast of relevant technologies
- Participate in special projects as needed
Required Skills and Experience:
- BS Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, Business, or a related technical discipline (or equivalent)
- Minimum of five years of related IT, software development, testing, automation, or quality assurance experience
- Minimum of one year Mainframe systems experience
- Experience in developing automation testing methods
- Experience with scripting languages and/or mainframe automation tools
- Strong grasp of Microsoft Office products, especially Microsoft Word
- Batch Job testing experience
Desired Skills and Experience:
- Medicare and CMS-related knowledge
Attributes for Success:
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- Ability to work independently
The likely salary range for this position is $80,000 - $120,000, this is not, however, a guarantee of compensation or salary; rather, salary will be set based on experience, geographic location and possibly contractual requirements and could fall outside of this range.
View information about benefits and our total rewards program.
About Our Work
We are GDIT. The people supporting some of the most complex government, defense, and intelligence projects across the country. We deliver. Bringing the expertise needed to understand and advance critical missions. We transform. Shifting the ways clients invest in, integrate, and innovate technology solutions. We ensure today is safe and tomorrow is smarter. We are there. On the ground, beside our clients, in the lab, and everywhere in between. Offering the technology transformations, strategy, and mission services needed to get the job done.
GDIT does not have a vaccination mandate applicable to all employees. To protect the health and safety of its employees and to comply with customer requirements, however, GDIT may require employees in certain positions to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Vaccination requirements will depend on the status of the federal contractor mandate and customer site requirements.
GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.