Specialist III, Business Project
Get To Know Us!
GuideWell and its family of forward-thinking companies are focused on helping people and communities achieve better health and are at the forefront in the transformation of health care. We offer competitive salaries and benefits, work-life balance, flexible work arrangements, opportunities for growth and development, and a great place to work across our enterprise!
What Will Be Your Purpose
Specialists apply discipline-specific or institutional knowledge and skills in the performance of departmental activities which support the Company's operations. Specialists typically prepare for their role by earning a post-secondary degree in a specific field, obtaining certification, or by on-the-job training and work experience. Incumbents may directly manage a small number of direct reports; the primary function of the role is applying specialized knowledge and skills as an exempt-level individual contributor.
What Will You Be Doing
- The functions listed represent the major duties of this role, additional duties may be assigned.
- Manage projects that have a limited timeframe and are typically confined to a department or division. Some projects may have external integration requirements.
- Plan project timelines and milestones, track progress, monitor and communicate project status and identify and resolve project-related issues and/or risks.
- Provide direction and support in the use of project management tools, including the use of estimating and reporting tools and techniques, estimating tasks, milestones, timeframes, and resources required for the work, as well as managing issues, risks, changes, and dependencies.
- May integrate and manage significant components of major projects.
- Monitor and evaluate the effectiveness of solutions, policies, practices, and processes to ensure continuous improvement, good client relations and adherence to business requirements. Recommend improvements to achieve and deliver high quality, value-added services.
- Research, analyze, maintain, modify, validate, and prepare data, information and content used in making business decisions. Present findings and articulate results.
- Produce, edit, and distribute a variety of business documents such as reports, proposals, policies, procedures, audit results, issue papers, marketing materials, newsletters, brochures, etc.
- May participate on Company workgroups and initiatives.
- Develop and build internal partnerships to improve communication, coordination, collaboration, and effective working relationships within own department and across the Company.
- May mentor and coach less experienced coworkers on the technical and interpersonal skills needed for effective job performance.
What You Must Have
- 4+ years related work experience or equivalent combination of transferable experience and education.
- Related Bachelor’s degree or additional related equivalent work experience
What We Prefer
- Bilingual communications skills, preferably English/Spanish
- Experience with Florida Blue products
- Familiarity with the health care industry
General Physical Demands
- Exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally to move objects.
- Jobs are sedentary if traversing activities are required only occasionally.
We are an Equal Opportunity/Protected Veteran/Disabled Employer committed to creating a diverse, inclusive, and equitable culture for our employees and communities