Sr. Financial Analyst
Quartzy is seeking a Senior Financial Analyst to have an active role in the monthly reporting and analysis for related budgeting, forecasting and other finance related projections.
You have hands on experience collecting and analyzing financial data to provide a clear understanding of an organization’s financial performance. You have direct experience working in functions that have required reporting and forecasting company results, variance to budget and forecast analysis and collaboration with management to make thoughtful recommendations.
We're looking for a teammate who enjoys working with excel and is passionate about getting results and helping leaders understand their respective results.
Quartzy is a 100% distributed team so this role can be done anywhere in the US.
Quartzy is the world’s #1 lab management platform. Every day, hundreds of thousands of scientists from all over the world improve the efficiency of their research by using Quartzy. Our software combines lab resource management and eCommerce, producing unique value in this large market, returning time to researchers who can focus on their next discoveries. Our customer range from wine makers, to food/ag companies, to companies working on COVID testing and therapies. We are humbled every day to serve them.
What You'll Do
- Partner with the Vice President of Finance on organizational forecasting and budgeting processes
- Play a key role in development of annual budget and monthly forecasts
- Assist in the continued development of budgeting, financial forecasting, operating plans, and modeling tools
- Investigate variances to budget and forecast and work with business leaders to understand the impact
- Support business leaders and HR as it relates to workforce planning and budgeting
- Prepare, review and distribute monthly financial reports
- Work with various departments and other functional groups to develop and enhance dashboards, reports and scorecards
What We're Looking For
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Accounting, Economics or a related field
- + years of work experience, preferably in a planning & analytics capacity at a high-growth startup
- Ability to read/write Sql queries or experience with other BI tools in nice to have
- Experienced in financial modeling, business analysis, FP&A, and analytics in a corporate HQ environment
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced work environment; pay close attention to detail with an action-oriented mindset that achieves swift execution
- Proficient ability using spreadsheets for complex financial analysis, fiscal management, and financial reports. Advanced Excel skills; demonstrated
- Excellent proficiency in accounting and corporate finance concepts
What We Offer
- Great Insurance - we cover 100% of employee premium cost and 50% for partner/family
- Great Culture -participate in our fun events like ActiviTuesday, Wellness Wednesdays, happy hours & speaker series
- Remote Team - we’re 100% distributed so you can live anywhere in the US!
- Transparency - weekly all company stand ups, monthly town halls, quarterly state of the start ups and anytime access to co-founders
- Generous Time Off -take the time you need, when you need it
- Great Gear - we’ll set you up for success with the latest tech and help you outfit your home office. And, a free Spotify premium account!
Does this sound like you? We'd love to hear from you