Sr Graphic Designer
It all started with an idea at Block in 2013. Initially built to take the pain out of peer-to-peer payments, Cash App has gone from a simple product with a single purpose to a dynamic app, bringing a better way to send, spend, invest, borrow and save to our millions of monthly active users. With a mission to redefine the world's relationship with money by making it more relatable, instantly available and universally accessible, at Cash App you'll have the opportunity to make a real-world impact with your career.
Today, Cash App has thousands of employees around the world with a culture geared toward creativity, collaboration and impact. We’ve been a distributed team since day one, and continue to value working across time zones and continents both remotely and in our Cash App offices.
Our offices are great, but many of our roles can be done remotely from the countries where Block operates. We tailor our experience to champion our employees’ creativity and productivity wherever they are.
Check out our locations, benefits and more at cash.app/careers.
Cash App is looking for a designer to join our Brand Design team. The Brand Design team is made up of accomplished graphic designers, illustrators, 3D artists, art directors, and motion designers who collaborate with one another and with Marketing Leads, Channel Managers and Writers to deliver creative work that builds awareness for our Brand and our Products.
We focus on creating a brand that is built upon creativity and art, and we strive to look at brand marketing through a non-traditional lens. We work across the latest platforms, covering web and mobile experiences, visual design, experiential installations, brand campaigns, photography, video, and animation. This role reports to our Creative Director, Brand Identity.
- Work on projects from ideation and exploration through implementation, in partnership with our Brand Design team and cross functional teams
- Translate brand strategy into powerful and purposeful creative concepts
- Help develop, maintain, and evolve brand design standards and systems
- Elevate brand aesthetics while supporting overall brand direction
- Design graphic concepts, assets, and visual treatments for various channels
- Create bespoke typography treatments for marketing campaigns
- Work collaboratively with illustrators, animators, and 3D designers to develop rich, multidisciplinary creative
- Work with team members to conceptualize and execute design projects for our social platforms
- Work with partners across Cash App to guarantee an integrated brand experience
For consideration, please submit a portfolio of work with your application and provide the password, if necessary to view your work.
- 5+ years of relevant design experience or freelance work
- A portfolio of work that demonstrates an ability to execute against a variety of design aesthetics
- An understanding of typography, grid systems, and color theory
- A point of view on brand identity systems
- Experience pushing a brand forward with fresh, inventive ideas
- Experience working cross-functionally to launch creative deliverables
- An understanding of performance-based marketing strategies is a plus
- Familiarity with both new and traditional brand channels and media is a plus
We’re working to build a more inclusive economy where our customers have equal access to opportunity, and we strive to live by these same values in building our workplace. Block is a proud equal opportunity employer. We work hard to evaluate all employees and job applicants consistently, without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, citizenship, or any other legally protected class.
We believe in being fair, and are committed to an inclusive interview experience, including providing reasonable accommodations to disabled applicants throughout the recruitment process. We encourage applicants to share any needed accommodations with their recruiter, who will treat these requests as confidentially as possible. Want to learn more about what we’re doing to build a workplace that is fair and square? Check out our I+D page.
Additionally, we consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment on our team, and always assess candidates on an individualized basis.
Block, Inc. (NYSE: SQ) is a global technology company with a focus on financial services. Made up of Square, Cash App, Spiral, TIDAL, and TBD, we build tools to help more people access the economy. Square helps sellers run and grow their businesses with its integrated ecosystem of commerce solutions, business software, and banking services. With Cash App, anyone can easily send, spend, or invest their money in stocks or Bitcoin. Spiral (formerly Square Crypto) builds and funds free, open-source Bitcoin projects. Artists use TIDAL to help them succeed as entrepreneurs and connect more deeply with fans. TBD is building an open developer platform to make it easier to access Bitcoin and other blockchain technologies without having to go through an institution.