Sr. Manager, Product Management
Under Armour has one mission: to make you better. We have a commitment to innovation that lies at the heart of everything we do, not just for our athletes but also for our teammates. As a global organization, our teams around the world push boundaries and think beyond what is expected. Together our teammates are unified by our values and are grounded in our vision to inspire you with performance solutions you never knew you needed but can’t imagine living without.
We are seeking a Senior Manager, Product Management that will be responsible for fueling digital growth within our commerce ecosystem. You’ll work closely with product design, and technology leaders for the Americas Ecommerce Experience. You’ll be part of a close-knit team who is transforming Under Armour as it strengthens and deepens its relationship with its customers. We are passionate about making athletes better. In order to do this, we must stay close to our consumers, which means doing survey research, designing experiments, digging into product analytics, and talking to athletes whenever possible. The Senior Manager, Product Management will lead a team of product managers in defining innovative customer experiences. They will be accountable for a portfolio of digital product roadmaps that drive consumer centric experiences in the Americas ecommerce experience.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- The Senior Product Manager owns a coherent portfolio of projects and is accountable for the entire lifecycle and identifying new areas of investment (new projects) for the product. Product decisions are highly complex and have long-term strategic impact on the overall product.
- You will engage the consumer to identify their needs and spot opportunities to build features that increase engagement and delight to drive future loyalty with the Brand.
- Scope and prioritize features to maximize impact for our consumers and the long-term differentiation of our products.
- Understand the competitive space better than anyone else. Be an expert on your product with a point of view on how we differentiate our experience.
- Lead a team of product managers. Establish and iterate on team ways of working & processes that foster a collaborative, high performing team culture.
- Lead multidisciplinary teams (engineering, design, project management, etc.) to deliver complex features and strategic capabilities.
- Optimize product features through A/B testing. Analyze product data and make iterative product changes based on consumer feedback.
- Know when to communicate what to whom. Bring teammates to the table at the right time and ensure effective flow of information across the team
Qualifications (Knowledge, Skills & Abilities)
- A successful Senior Product Manager is passionate about great products and the consumer experience with the ability to break down complex problems and present to executive leadership concisely.
- The Senior Product Manager is the entrepreneurial negotiator for their team. They can identify, negotiate, and secure resources needed for a plan that they define. They understand the priorities of their extended team (i.e., their Product / PA) and how to operate effectively within them. They proactively propose trade-offs in resourcing or scope and identify ways for disparate teams to work together to achieve a common goal.
- You can collaborate with and motivate cross-discipline teams to achieve goals.
- You are a very strong group presenter, giving clear and motivational presentations that align teams and compels people to action.
- Your ability to communicate clearly is paramount. Product Management is art and science, strategy and tactics, passion, and reason. This requires succinct and effective written communication, and the ability to summarize a topic and provide teams with clear direction.
Education And / Or Experience
- Bachelor's degree in technology, marketing, math, or related discipline. (MBA Preferred)
- Minimum 5+ years in software, technology, or consumer focused roles (E-Commerce experience preferred)
- Minimum 3+ years in product management role driving consumer outcomes
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills. Proven ability to find answers to business questions via hands-on exploration of data and research. Familiarity with enterprise level analytics tools such as Adobe or Google Analytics.
- Experience in optimizing product features after release through data-driven iteration.
- You have experience working with Agile tools such as Jira, collaboration tools like Confluence and Roadmunk
- Skilled and creating engaging and well thought out presentations on variety of topics.
- Design digital process flows for data and people with ease and have familiarity with prototyping tools such as Zeplin or InVision.
- Proficient in scrum/agile development methodologies and tools.
- You have experience working with remote vendors, teammates, and customers in other countries.
- Experience working on products that have global scale is a plus.
- Return to Work Designation: Fully Remote
- Travel: 5-10% of the year
- You are skilled at multi-tasking, prioritizing your work and problem solving.
- You are diligent in documenting and standardizing your work.
- Passionate about making all athletes better around the world.
- No relocation provided
At Under Armour, we are committed to providing an environment of mutual respect where equal employment opportunities are available to all applicants and teammates without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy (including childbirth, lactation and related medical conditions), national origin, age, physical and mental disability, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information (including characteristics and testing), military and veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by applicable law. Under Armour believes that diversity and inclusion among our teammates is critical to our success as a global company, and we seek to recruit, develop and retain the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool.
Learn more about Under Armour’s COVID-19 response and Teammate vaccination policies here.