Sr Product Designer
WebstaurantStore is an online supply company aiming to empower and equip people to run their businesses more profitably and efficiently with a vast catalog of products and services.
We're dedicated to building the best possible experience to support our customers across the board, be it operating a business or sourcing hard to find items.
On top of being obsessed with building a great experience for our customers we also take pride in our company culture. From weekly game days and happy hours online, to continued learning support, we're always looking for ways to improve and help our teams succeed.
As a Senior Product Designer you will help design interfaces for our various platforms and services. The work you do will help shape the products and tools used on WebstaurantStore.com and will positively impact the experience of the thousands of customers that visit our site each day.
Check out some of our design team's recent work on Instagram: @webstaurantdesign
You're a fit if...
- You have 2+ years of relevant design experience
- Can design with an understanding of the formal principles of design: typography, layout, balance and proportions
- You can comfortably engage any stakeholder and provide clear context on project status and rationale
- Can handle complex product challenges, often involving a strong understanding of technical, development, or business aspects
- You set an example for producing work. People see you as a “doer”, and can depend on you for getting things done
- You rapidly understands project requirements, frequently filling in gaps of understanding or accurately listing trade-offs
Your daily job looks like...
- Design exceptional products from start to finish, participating in all phases of design, from definition to development and optimization.
- Helping level-up and coach junior designers through operating
- Working closely with teams across the org to deliver a great customer experience
- Giving feedback and participating in design meetings to drive progress forward
Perks & Benefits
- Competitive pay
- Paid Time Off
- Paid maternity leave
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Annual Education stipend for learning and development
- Hackathons, Happy Hours, Game Day, and team events
- WebstaurantStore / The RestaurantStore discount to buy that awesome blender you’ve been wanting
- Annual Stipend for conferences and events to learn and connect from others in the industry
- Gym reimbursement and on-site fitness centers in the Pennsylvania and Florida offices
- A discount on your cell phone plan’s monthly bill
- Monthly day for growth and development
- 401k up to 10% match vested schedule over 6 years
- Yearly performance based bonus
Our Hiring Process has 3 levels:
- A phone interview with a Lead, Manager, or Director to chat about the company, position, and most importantly, learn more about you. We’ll contact you after to schedule the next round of interviews or let you know if we don’t think you’re the right fit.
- A panel interview with a manager or Lead, Director of Design, and fellow designer. We will ask you questions relating to your skillset and general questions to assess communication skills and how well you align with our core values.
- A final interview with the VP of Design. We follow up with an offer, or let you know if we feel that you aren't the right fit.
Please include these in your application:
- A portfolio
- Your resume