Sr Specialist, Instructional Design
This is a remote position.
Job Description Summary:
The Sr Specialist - Content Development oversees the creation and updating of curriculum by working closely with management and key stakeholders. The Sr Specialist acts as subject matter expert and coaches and supports Content Development Specialists.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Plan resource allocation and monitor development progress through creation, assignment, and management of change and documentation tasks.
- Review curriculum updates and provide constructive feedback to authors on accuracy, relevance, innovation, and conformance to Adult Learning Theory principles.
- Develop new and innovative ways to design training materials that facilitate engaging training and follow Adult Learning Theory concepts, as well as create training agendas and develop assessments to measure effectiveness of curriculum and learner performance.
- Establish and maintain partnerships with both internal and external clients.
- Lead and facilitate meetings with internal and external clients and act as a subject matter expert regarding curriculum and content development.
- Review upcoming software and procedure changes and assess impacts on training curriculum.
- Develop training proposals and oversee the implementation of new and updated trainings.
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge of content areas as well as industry training and best practices.
- Bachelor's Degree
- 5-7 years of experience
Education and Experience Requirements:
- 5-7 years of experience in content development
- Strong understanding on the ADDIE model and Adult Learning Theory
- Excellent written and oral communication and presentation skillls
- Excellent MS Word, PowerPoint and Excel/SmartSheet skills
- Excellent Articulate 360 skills
- Ability to use eLearning tools and Learning Management Systems (LMS)
MAXIMUS Introduction: Since 1975, Maximus has operated under its founding mission of Helping Government Serve the People, enabling citizens around the globe to successfully engage with their governments at all levels and across a variety of health and human services programs. Maximus delivers innovative business process management and technology solutions that contribute to improved outcomes for citizens and higher levels of productivity, accuracy, accountability and efficiency of government-sponsored programs. With more than 30,000 employees worldwide, Maximus is a proud partner to government agencies in the United States, Australia, Canada, Saudi Arabia, Singapore and the United Kingdom. For more information, visit https://www.maximus.com. EEO Statement: EEO Statement: Active military service members, their spouses, and veteran candidates often embody the core competencies Maximus deems essential, and bring a resiliency and dependability that greatly enhances our workforce. We recognize your unique skills and experiences, and want to provide you with a career path that allows you to continue making a difference for our country. We’re proud of our connections to organizations dedicated to serving veterans and their families. If you are transitioning from military to civilian life, have prior service, are a retired veteran or a member of the National Guard or Reserves, or a spouse of an active military service member, we have challenging and rewarding career opportunities available for you. A committed and diverse workforce is our most important resource. Maximus is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. Maximus provides equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status or disabled status. Pay Transparency: Maximus compensation is based on various factors including but not limited to a candidate's education, training, experience, expected quality and quantity of work, required travel (if any), external market and internal value analysis including seniority and merit systems, as well as internal pay alignment. Annual salary is just one component of Maximus's total compensation package. Other rewards may include short- and long-term incentives as well as program-specific awards. Additionally, Maximus provides a variety of benefits to employees, including health insurance coverage, life and disability insurance, a retirement savings plan, paid holidays and paid time off. Compensation shall be commensurate with job duties and relevant work experience. An applicant's salary history will not be used in determining compensation.