Sr Staff Product Designer, Presence
Squarespace is a design-centric product company at heart whose mission is to be the all-in-one platform for anyone who wants to stand out. You will be challenged in an organization that values vision, execution, and persistence. You will take ownership of our product by solving complex problems in simple, elegant ways. Product designers at Squarespace are embedded within product teams that are deeply collaborative, and each member is directly responsible for the team's success.
We are looking for a Senior Staff Product Designer on our Presence team to help create and implement the craft practices and quality standards by which the Presence Design team consistently delivers appealing, usable and impactful experiences for web, mobile, and beyond. The Presence team is responsible for developing user tools for content and asset management, campaign and CRM, content automation, layout/expression/styling, email/site domain management, and new experience design prototyping.
You will report to our Senior Director, Product Design on our Presence team. We are open to hiring remotely for this role.
- Works with product teams across Presence to help define user outcomes and success measures and maps them to product/business outcomes and metrics
- Creates craft and practice standards for team
- Lead forums (critiques, workshops, studio sessions, etc.) that help actively drive craft
- Partner with Design Leads of Presence Areas (Content, Presentation, etc.) to drive consistent quality in user experience execution
- Identifies and defines new user experience opportunities across product orgs and groups and drives effective collaboration and delivery within Presence and beyond
- Contribute to thought leadership as a senior member of the design team by providing feedback, direction, and support/mentorship for junior team members
- 12+ years professional experience, preferably as a Product Designer
- Ability to lead, influence, and persuade confidently through ambiguous problems and help manage change without official management responsibility
- Self-motivation; ability to produce results both independently and as part of a team
- Ability to lead and manage large design initiatives, including managing competing priorities with product and engineering peers
- Serve as a bridge connecting design, product, engineering, and cross-functional teams.
- Deep knowledge of Product Design best practices for web, mobile
- Interest, perspective on how to drive experiences for surfaces beyond web, mobile (AR, virtual experiences, etc.)
- Expertise in product design best practices for navigation, typography, layout, visual hierarchy, interaction and usability
- Expertise in Figma, Sketch, Adobe Creative Cloud and other design tools
- Independent, self-starting and consistent delivery on commitments
- Detail-oriented with an eye on meaningful consistency
- Strong workshop and facilitation skills
A portfolio of relevant design work is required for consideration. It should illustrate your involvement and how you contributed to solving specific problems.
Squarespace makes beautiful products to help people with creative ideas succeed. By blending elegant design and sophisticated engineering, we empower millions of people — from individuals and local artists to entrepreneurs shaping the world's most iconic businesses — to share their stories with the world. Squarespace's team of more than 1,200 is headquartered in downtown New York City, with offices in Dublin and Portland. For more information, visit www.squarespace.com/about.
Benefits & Perks
- Health insurance with 100% premium covered for you and your dependent children
- Flexible vacation & paid time off
- Up to 20 weeks of paid family leave
- Equity plan for all employees
- Retirement benefits with employer match
- Fertility and adoption benefits
- Free lunch and snacks at all offices
- Education reimbursement
- Dog-friendly workplace in New York office
- Commuter benefit in the form of reduced tax (Ireland) and pretax (US)
Today, more than a million people around the globe use Squarespace to share different perspectives and experiences with the world. Not only do we embrace and celebrate the diversity of our customer base, but we also strive for the same in our employees. At Squarespace, we are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, national origin, gender, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital or parental status, disability, veteran status, or other class protected by applicable law. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.