Sr UX Designer
At Autodesk Construction Solutions, our mission is to help teams meet the world’s rapidly expanding building and infrastructure needs, while making construction more predictable, safe and sustainable. Over $100 billion in new construction is managed on our platform every month. From major stadiums to local schools and hospitals, our tools are helping cities grow and communities come together.
As a Senior UX Designer, you will collaborate with your Product Management and Engineering partners to support our Takeoff & Estimating products in the Autodesk Construction Cloud ecosystem. You will help shape the tools that enable our customers to efficiently and safely build the world around us. We’re looking for someone who is a champion for human-centered design, a relentless advocate for user needs, and has a track record of driving design strategy in complex problem spaces to deliver compelling user experiences.
This position can be based in the United States or Canada. Please include resume, portfolio and password when applying.
- Partner with product managers, engineers, researchers and other designers to define great experiences from initial concept through successful implementation
- Visualize and prototype intended solutions at various levels of fidelity including high-level wireframes, conceptual designs, design presentations and detailed specifications
- Collaborate closely with one or more local or remote Agile Scrum teams, working iteratively to deliver customer value
- Use customer insights that come from analytics and customer interactions to help inform business and design decisions
- Help to facilitate and participate in user research like interviews and usability testing to validate designs and make iterative improvements
- Contribute to efforts to create scalable experience design standards and improve design processes
- Participate in and lead design-thinking exercises to break through organizational silos and collaboratively solve complex design challenges
- 5+ years of related professional experience
- Quality portfolio of recent work
- Excellent communication and storytelling skills, with the ability to distill complex ideas to their essence
- Demonstrable experience utilizing a variety of human-centered design methods and best practices
- Understanding of task analysis, experience mapping, low-fidelity prototyping, user testing and more. And you know how to choose the right tool at the right time to drive results
- Experience leveraging research and data to inform design decisions, and comfortable defining performance metrics to measure results
- Experience leading user research - interviews, ethnography, user testing, etc.
- Comfortable in a highly collaborative, fast-paced environment with multiple stakeholders, and can adjust to changing priorities
- BA/BS or graduate degree in HCI, interaction design, or equivalent experience
- Experience with agile software design methods
- Experience supporting a complex ecosystem with multiple products
- Comfortable working on a distributed team and collaborating remotely
The Ideal Candidate
- Passionate about designing things people love to use
- Brave in the face of complexity and adversity
- Positive, can-do approach that invites collaboration
- Takes the lead on projects with minimal oversight
- Leans into complex problem spaces and proactively engages with teammates to drive towards shared understanding and clarity
- Brings expertise and experience to the team and makes others around them better by sharing best practices, ideas and feedback
- Naturally curious and proactively asks questions to increase understanding of customer needs and business strategy
- Works to develop empathy for customers and is a strong advocate for their needs
- A systems thinker – loves exploring how different parts of a complex system fit together and can be made to work seamlessly
- Seeks feedback on designs, and provides thoughtful feedback to others
At Autodesk, we're building a diverse workplace and an inclusive culture to give more people the chance to imagine, design, and make a better world. Autodesk is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and considers all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status or any other legally protected characteristic. We also consider for employment all qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with applicable law.
Are you an existing contractor or consultant with Autodesk? Please search for open jobs and apply internally (not on this external site).