Staff Data Scientist/Feeds Ranking Analytics
Our mission is to bring community and belonging to everyone in the world. Reddit is a community of communities where people can dive into anything through experiences built around their interests, hobbies, and passions. With more than 50 million people visiting 100,000+ communities daily, it is home to the most open and authentic conversations on the internet. From pets to parenting, skincare to stocks, there’s a community for everybody on Reddit. For more information, visit redditinc.com.
Reddit is continuing to grow our teams with the best talent. This role is completely remote friendly and will continue to be after the pandemic.
We are excited to open a new Data Scientist role within our Feeds Ranking Team! This team builds the experience of Reddit Feeds, by building and improving the systems that decide what content each user gets to see when they land in Reddit.
As the Staff Data Scientist embedded on the team, you will define the product strategy through measurement design, experimentation and causal analyses and support product decisions that will keep making Reddit the best place to hang out online.
We partner with other data scientists, engineering teams, PMs, and designers, and your work will help drive community growth and discovery, and user participation and engagement.
- Help build the long term product vision and strategy for the ranking and personalization function.
- Become the expert at understanding how our recommendation systems work, and what their effects and outcomes on business metrics and the ecosystem of communities is.
- Build out ML capabilities, features and offline models.
- Generate data-driven insights that propose next steps in strategic roadmaps
- Design and evaluate experiments for product feature experiments to understand the effectiveness of product strategy
- Work cross functionally with a variety of teams that feeds ranking serves.
- Scale your work through reproducibility to make it extensible to newer personalization problems
- Have proven experience in quantitative or data science, or product analytics roles (6 or more years)
- Have worked with teams leveraging Machine Learning for ranking or related roles
- Proficiency with relational databases (e.g., SQL)
- Are familiar with statistical analysis and programming languages preferred (e.g., R / Python)
- Have a strong customer and business focus
- Entrepreneurial and self-directed
- Are comfortable in innovative and fast-paced environments, and have a bias toward action.
- Can discuss complex topics with technical and non-technical audiences
- Enjoy solving ambiguous and undefined problems
- Annual Personal & Professional development funds
- 401k Matching Plan
- Flexible PTO
- Paid holidays + Wellness days
Reddit is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, please contact us at ApplicationAssistance@Reddit.com.