Support Design Sr Consultant
The world isn’t standing still, and neither is Allstate. We’re moving quickly, looking across our businesses and brands and taking bold steps to better serve customers’ evolving needs. That’s why now is an exciting time to join our team. You’ll have opportunities to take risks, challenge the status quo and shape the future for the greater good.
You’ll do all this in an environment of excellence and the highest ethical standards – a place where values such as integrity, inclusive diversity and accountability are paramount. We empower every employee to lead, drive change and give back where they work and live. Our people are our greatest strength, and we work as one team in service of our customers and communities.
Everything we do at Allstate is driven by a shared purpose: to protect people from life’s uncertainties so they can realize their hopes and dreams. For more than 89 years we’ve thrived by staying a step ahead of whatever’s coming next – to give customers peace of mind no matter what changes they face. We acted with conviction to advocate for seat belts, air bags and graduated driving laws. We help give survivors of domestic violence a voice through financial empowerment. We’ve been an industry leader in pricing sophistication, telematics, digital photo claims and, more recently, device and identity protection. We are the Good Hands. We don’t follow the trends. We set them.
The Support Design Senior Consultant role sits within Allstate’s Customer Journey Enablement organization and is responsible for supporting the design of the customer service strategy as Allstate brings new products, experiences and technologies to market. They will be responsible for understanding customer needs and pain-points related to making policy changes and helping drive a digital-first strategy to resolve those needs. This cross-functional role will also be responsible for designing the end-to-end customer experience within the Customer Contact Center to ensure an easy and quick resolution and will partner with technology, Product, Customer Journeys, and other areas to ensure the design is prioritized in backlogs to meet enterprise digitization milestones.
This role will participate on and assist with cross-functional teams to map current and future state customer experiences, identify customer journey pain points in our in-market experiences, perform root cause analysis, and identify solutions to achieve future state. They will partner with AORs across the organization on solution design, communicate progress of journey efforts, and manage solutions that the organization owns.
- Support the design and execution of the long-term product support strategy, including the development of the service intent frameworks, roadmaps, and milestones, identification of requirements for key strategic capabilities, and orchestration of operational readiness activities
- Drive understanding with cross-functional partners of initiative design and progress, key gaps/opportunity areas, and the holistic customer & rep service experience when it comes to interacting with the new product
- Collaborate and consult with key stakeholders and subject matter experts to develop and execute communication and change management plans
- Translate qualitative and quantitative data into meaningful ideas and approaches to influence the customer experience and technology prioritization
- Evaluate and provide tactical & strategic feedback on new and existing initiatives that impact customer experience
- Assist with leading efforts to measure journey level KPIs, evaluate, and document initiatives to create repeatable, scalable best practices
- Recommend and influence solutions that challenge the status quo to drive improvement and innovation
- Advanced Microsoft Office skills
- Demonstrates clear, concise and effective presentation and written communication skills
- Organizational and time management skills
- Proactive self-starter and highly capable of independent work with limited leader direction and support
- Ability to think strategically, conceptually, analytically and creatively
- Curious, driven individual not afraid to challenge the status quo
- Strong interpersonal skills required to manage and leverage relationships with internal and external partners to collaborate and influence effectively
- Highly engaged with a degree of urgency, passion for the customer and energetic
Upcoming Focus areas for the ASC workstream:
- Development of an ASC Intent Matrix – compare legacy experience to ASC experience (customer + rep POV), calling out ASC MVP gaps, where further Service perspective/influence is needed
- Assist in the development of our strategy for measuring the digital experience to help us understand opportunity areas
- Development of an ASC Self Service Encyclopedia – build on the work PL Digitization team has started to create a catalog of ASC experiences/designs/capabilities
- Support the “All Channels” transition plan – how we will support operations & change management in large-scale transition out of the Insights Lab
The preceding description is not designed to be a complete list of all duties and responsibilities. May be required to perform other related duties as assigned. Regular, predictable attendance is an essential function of this job.
Compensation offered for this role is $67,300.00-$113,875.00 per year and is based on experience and qualifications.
The candidate(s) offered this position will be required to submit to a background investigation, which includes a drug screen.
Good Work. Good Life. Good Hands®.
As a Fortune 100 company and industry leader, we provide a competitive salary – but that’s just the beginning. Our Total Rewards package also offers benefits like tuition assistance, medical and dental insurance, as well as a robust pension and 401(k). Plus, you’ll have access to a wide variety of programs to help you balance your work and personal life - including a generous paid time off policy. For a full description of Allstate’s benefits, visit allstate.jobs/benefits/
Learn more about life at Allstate. Connect with us on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn or watch a video.
Allstate generally does not sponsor individuals for employment-based visas for this position.
Effective July 1, 2014, under Indiana House Enrolled Act (HEA) 1242, it is against public policy of the State of Indiana and a discriminatory practice for an employer to discriminate against a prospective employee on the basis of status as a veteran by refusing to employ an applicant on the basis that they are a veteran of the armed forces of the United States, a member of the Indiana National Guard or a member of a reserve component.
For jobs in San Francisco, please click “here” for information regarding the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
For jobs in Los Angeles, please click “here” for information regarding the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
To view the “EEO is the Law” poster click “here”. This poster provides information concerning the laws and procedures for filing complaints of violations of the laws with the Office of Federal Contract Compliance Programs
To view the FMLA poster, click “here”. This poster summarizing the major provisions of the Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA) and telling employees how to file a complaint.
It is the Company’s policy to employ the best qualified individuals available for all jobs. Therefore, any discriminatory action taken on account of an employee’s ancestry, age, color, disability, genetic information, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual and reproductive health decision, marital status, medical condition, military or veteran status, national origin, race (include traits historically associated with race, including, but not limited to, hair texture and protective hairstyles), religion (including religious dress), sex, or sexual orientation that adversely affects an employee's terms or conditions of employment is prohibited. This policy applies to all aspects of the employment relationship, including, but not limited to, hiring, training, salary administration, promotion, job assignment, benefits, discipline, and separation of employment.