Systems Analyst - Intermediate (Agile/BA)
Under the general direction of the management team and senior staff, the Systems Analyst - Intermediate (Agile/BA ) provides experienced analytical services, defining requirements, developing and/or maintaining computer applications/systems, and providing services to meet client IT and business needs. Will be part of the Centralized Quality Governance (CQG) team. This position is hands on for CQG and other Shared Services; it is responsible for project deliverables. This role is reponsible for documenting functional,non-functional requirements, and user stories for the areas that we support. The role will be aligned to the Product Owner to maintain prioritization of work within various value streams. Work From Home Opportunity!!
- Second and Third Level Support (Including Maintenance Activities)Independently triage and resolve level 1 and level 2 support issues. Escalate level 3 support issues accordingly.
- SDLC (System Development Life Cycle)Have an intermediate understanding of the application development life cycle. Ability to apply those principles to day to day work
- Application Upgrades and Implementation Review and validate functionality of application upgrades and implementations. Report back on any problems. Identify new functionality and/or hardware requirements as assigned. Ability to create test plans.
- Vendor Relationships Interact with vendors (technical issues, project initiatives) under the direction of more experienced team members as necessary. Assist with issue escalation where applicable.
- End User Training Create and review existing training documentation. Facilitate high-level user training sessions independently.
- Communication Responsible for demonstrating appropriate, clear, concise, and effective written and oral communications in all interactions to build relationships and accomplish day to day work and projects.
- System Integration Complete assigned tasks related to system integration. Validate testing. Ability to modify existing test plans.
- Project Management Create and contributes to project tasks and milestones. Update all project management and time tracking tools accordingly. Ability to take full ownership of a project.
- Data Quality Maintain data quality at all times.
- Report Writing/Analysis Write, analyze and make modifications to reports either independently for basic requests or under the direction of more experienced team members for more complex requests.
- Process Improvement Create and update processes. Ability to contribute to process improvement efforts.
- Documentation Complete documentation/flow charting of system builds and maintain team's existing documentation independently. Responsible for validating current documentation. Extract and document customer/business requirements and needs for use by enterprise architecture and engineering teams (network, system, and software).
- Interactions with Others Successfully completes projects, tasks, and initiatives by embracing a team-first approach. Works in collaboration with team and offers feedback, where appropriate, to complete individual and group efforts. Shows the ability to adjust and be flexible to change by adapting approach when necessary. Mentors less experienced staff.
- Data Confidentiality/Security Maintain confidentiality of sensitive information at all times.
- Self-Development Responsible for continuous self-study, trainings, partnering with more senior members of team, and/or seeking out opportunities to broaden scope to stay up to date with industry and organizational trends. Seeks feedback from senior team members for development and effectively incorporates feedback into work and behaviors
- Typically has 2+ years experience with modern technology and application support through education or practical experience.
- Highly driven and self-motivated to meet expectations.
- Ability to work independently and in a team based environment.
- Demonstrates thorough understanding of information technology fundamental tools and concepts (SDLC) of one of the information technology professional disciplines and applies that understanding to make independent practical contributions to IT work within a UPMC department or function.
- Completes on-going training on-the-job, through courses, self-study, certifications and/or advanced degrees to maintain and enhance technical and business capabilities.
- Additionally, this position may be required to maintain a stand by status as part of a rotation within the team.
- This requires 24 hours per day, 7 days per week availability during the stand by period.
- The frequency varies based upon the number of colleagues in the rotation.
- 2+ years of overall experience as an IT Business Analyst
- 2+ years of experience in Agile/Scrum Requirements Engineering (RE)
- Experience in conducting interviews with stakeholders to identify business needs
- Proficiency in creating Epics, Features, and User Stories (i.e., Product Backlog Items)
- Involvement in Agile Scrum team ceremonies, working with other teams, including developers & testers
- Some Leadership/Coordination experience
- Proficiency with Agile management tools, such as Azure DevOps, and productivity tools, such as MS Office and Visio
- Competency to recommend process improvements for the entire business requirements life-cycle by identifying gaps
- Thorough understanding of the entire Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC)
- Consulting mindset, diplomatic personality, and strong problem-solving skills
- Team player, creative, and positive, proactive with can-do attitude
- Agile Certification (i.e. Product Owner, Scrum Master, DevOps Practitioner)
- IT experience in Health Care Insurance industry
- Conceptual understanding of Project Intake, Prioritization, and Change Management processes
- Excellent technical writing and presentation skills
- Experience with Web-based, and Cloud-based platforms
Work From Home Opportunity!!
Licensure, Certifications, and Clearances:
UPMC is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veteran