This role requires a willingness and ability to travel 25%
Guidewire is seeking highly motivated technical integration experts who are looking to work with current, leading-edge technology on challenging, customer focused consulting and implementation projects. Our software is incredibly complex and well-tested – over 2,000 person years invested in our products so far.
As a Guidewire Technical consultant, you will work with the customer Product Owner, business analysts and subject matter experts to define, document and estimate integration requirements and schedule project deliverables. You will use Java and Gosu, Guidewire’s internally developed language, to integrate our software at insurance carriers throughout North America. You should be able to design, program, test and deploy complicated integration software. You will become the trusted advisor for the customer and partner, and you will coach and mentor their teams, enabling them to become self-sufficient over time. This position requires a unique blend of deep technical system integration and professional consulting skills. You will also become a subject matter expert in insurance industry technical solutions as well as a Gosu expert.
Our projects will expect some on-site presence, so there will be expectations to travel throughout North America freely without sponsorship. The anticipated travel target is 25% however, the need to travel is determined on a project basis and could exceed 25% if deemed necessary for project success.
- 6-7 years hands on JAVA, J2EE, SQL, XML experience
- Consultant must understand the concepts of relational databases.
- Strong OO design, development and test skills with proven patterns knowledge, exceptional documentation skills, and the ability to communicate your thought process
- Be prepared to write and review code and documentation, providing recommendations to customers and partners
- Enterprise software product implementation experience within complex, enterprise environments
- Leading and collaborating across multi-functional teams on complex large-scale projects in multiple locations
- Experience in AGILE methodology
- Understands the internal dynamics of customers and partners to facilitate project plans and execution
- Ability to develop deep customer relationships and become a trusted advisor
- Highly motivated, results-driven, and tenacious problem solver
- Coaching and mentoring other team members as necessary on tools, best practices, and methodology
- Curiosity based on genuine love of technology and solving tough technical problems
- Ability to facilitate workshops, present and explain complex solutions and recommended solutions
- BS in Computer Science or equivalent
Nice to have
- Guidewire InsuranceSuite experience
- Insurance industry experience
- Familiar with Cloud/AWS services and code deployment processes
- Prior experience with Guidewire Gosu is preferential.
- Kafka, Apache Camel knowledge, experience
- We provide exceptional support to our consultants, from a full-time dedicated Consulting manager whose focus is helping to enable and develop our staff and guide them on their career path within Guidewire, to our fantastic Global Mobility team who help provide flexible options to our consultants who need to travel for client engagement. We were built on a foundation of the core values of Integrity, Rationality, and Collegiality. Our Guidewire colleagues embody and demonstrate these values, supporting, mentoring and each other and our customers to success.
- We’re proud to shout about our excellent benefits packages. Holistic wellness is a big deal for us. We offer everything you need to support your work and, most importantly, your work-life balance. We’re committed to helping you be the best version of yourself. Inside and outside of work.
- Keywords: Consulting, Consultant, Architect, Java, XML, ERP, CRM, JMS, JDBC, Gosu, json, REST, APIs, Apache Camel, Kafka, Configuration, Integration, Insurance, Software Engineer, Architect, Development, SQL, Senior Consultant
Guidewire is the platform P&C insurers trust to engage, innovate, and grow efficiently. We combine digital, core, analytics, and AI to deliver our platform as a cloud service. More than 450 insurers, from new ventures to the largest and most complex in the world, run on Guidewire.
As a partner to our customers, we continually evolve to enable their success. We are proud of our unparalleled implementation track record with 1000+ successful projects, supported by the largest R&D team and partner ecosystem in the industry. Our Marketplace provides hundreds of add-ons that accelerate integration, localization, and innovation.
For more information, please visit www.guidewire.com and follow us on Twitter: @Guidewire_PandC.
Guidewire Software, Inc. is proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We are committed to an inclusive workplace, and believe that a diversity of perspectives, abilities, and cultures is a key to our success. Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, citizenship, marital status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or disability. All offers are contingent upon passing a criminal history and other background checks where it's applicable to the position.
Disability Accommodations and Guidewire’s Appeals Process. Guidewire provides accommodations to the hiring process to create a fair opportunity for candidates with disabilities to contend for open positions. Accommodation requests should be directed to (650) 356-4940 or Accommodations@guidewire.com. If things do not go as hoped, we invite you to use our appeals process. Guidewire promises to independently review any denied accommodation and any decision not to offer you the position. The appeals process is the same in either case. Within five business days of receiving a notice of denial of an accommodation, or receiving a notice of your non-selection for a vacancy, call (650) 356-4940 or e-mail Accommodations@guidewire.com to make an appeal. Guidewire will assign a new decision-maker to review the request and/or hiring decision, who will then notify you in writing of a decision within 10 business days.