Technical Instructional Designer
San Francisco, California /
Course Development – Course Development /
Please note : this is a fully remote, 6-month contract (1099) engagement open to candidates based within the United States. Dependent upon continued business need, there is an opportunity to convert to full-time permanent status.
At Springboard, we’re on a mission to bridge the world’s skills gap, offering transformative online education with a focus on Springboard’s technical courses including data science, analytics, and coding. Our courses may be tech-enabled, but we're ultimately human-centric: each student taps into a vast community throughout their time with us, engaging with fellow students, industry-expert mentors, student advisors, and career coaches, the goal of which is to successfully transition students into their dream job. Through this hybrid approach, we’ve helped thousands of learners revamp their careers and, by extension, their lives, with hundreds of top-notch job offers received every year and a near-perfect placement rate for our program graduates.
In your role as a Technical Instructional Designer at Springboard, you’ll primarily be responsible for updating our Machine Learning Engineering course for our University partners. This role presents an exciting opportunity to apply pedagogical principles to a new, cutting-edge model — laying the groundwork for the future of adult education online. You’ll have a great vantage point at the intersection of product, operations, engineering, marketing, and community.
- Own the design, development, and implementation of the update of our Machine Learning Engineering course. Collaborate with other Learning Experience team members to help maintain and update other technical courses.
- Work with subject matter experts to curate course content and revise and develop course projects that align with and support course learning objectives.
- Collaborate with members of the Learning Experience team, project managers, and student operations teams to deliver on the pedagogical components of the program.
- Set learning and course quality targets; create and track metrics that incorporate feedback from multiple qualitative and quantitative sources; improve courses based on feedback.
- Work with the instructional design team to co-design models and templates aimed at building quality learning experiences at scale
- Have a Bachelor’s or higher degree in Education (preferred)
- Have a Bachelor’s or higher degree (or other certification or experience) in a relevant STEM subject (such as, but not limited to, Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Data Science, Statistics, or Mathematics)
- 3+years of relevant work experience and 1+ year of direct experience with e-learning
- Have taken at least one University-level or equivalent coding class in Python or another coding language.
- Have formal training in and a strong understanding of instructional design, cognitive psychology, adult learning and online/distance learning. A degree, diploma, or certification in education or a related field is a plus.
- Possess exceptional organizational and project management skills, and live by deadlines.
- Quickly learn the core concepts of new subject areas.
- Have the ability to work and influence in a complex cross-functional environment
- Think quickly on your feet and handle pressure well.
- Are an Analytical thinker who is comfortable using data to measure results and inform decisions.
- Are an excellent communicator, whether you’re working with external subject matter experts or with colleagues across the company.
- Are passionate about improving education.
The Springboard team of 220 works out of offices in the heart of San Francisco and Bengaluru. We’re backed by top investors, including Costanoa Ventures, Reach Capital, Learn Capital, Pearson Ventures, and the founders of LinkedIn and Princeton Review.
Working with us, you’ll enjoy competitive compensation, health insurance coverage, a 401k plan, generous learning and professional development budgets, and an opportunity to impact thousands of lives alongside a fun, dedicated and mission-driven team. To learn more about our team and culture, follow us on Instagram @springboardlife!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We welcome applications from all backgrounds and do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
California Privacy Rights Notice for Job Applicants
Under the California Consumer Privacy Act (“CCPA”), Springboard is required to inform California residents who are job applicants about the categories of personal information we collect about you and the purposes for which we will use this information. This notice contains disclosures required by the CCPA and applies only to personal information that is subject to the CCPA.