Technical Operations Manager
Tessian protects every business’s mission by securing the human layer 💫
We're building intelligent security that works for human beings as they are, not how security policies would like them to be. Using machine learning technology, Tessian automatically predicts and eliminates advanced threats on email caused by human error - like data exfiltration, accidental data loss, business email compromise and phishing attacks - with minimal disruption to employees' workflow. As a result, employees are empowered to do their best work, without security getting in their way. You can read more about Human Layer Security here.
Tessian has raised a $74m Series C led by renowned security investors, March Capital (Crowdstrike, Knowbe4), with follow-on from Sequoia, Accel, Balderton, Latitude, Okta, Sozo, Citi & Schroder Adveq, to further our mission to secure the human layer.
Founded in 2013, Tessian is backed by world-class venture capital investors, has hubs in San Francisco, Boston, Austin, and London, and is one of the Top-3 2021 Best Places to Work for Women.
Technical Operations at Tessian
Our Support team solves problems. They work closely with customers, commercial teams and engineers to ensure we’re removing any potential friction from our customers’ use of our product and preventing security events as soon as possible. Crucially they take charge of the proactive investigation and steps to avoid issues before they emerge.
As a Technical Operations Manager, you'll be responsible for providing exceptional services to our customers across all elements of their journey with Tessian, including supporting pre-sales activities, onboarding and ongoing support.
This is an amazing opportunity to join an expanding team, develop deep product knowledge and have a meaningful impact on our customers. In a truly cross-functional role, you’ll work very closely with the Product, Engineering and Commercial teams across the globe to develop, create and deliver best-in-class customer experiences at all stages of the customer journey.
You'll be a technical problem-solver with previous experience in a client facing support role and can work collaboratively internally (with both commercial and technical teams) and externally (from senior stakeholders to IT professionals). You’ll be high energy, organized and have amazing communication skills. You'll have a strong aptitude and experience in working in B2B SaaS technology, with a strong desire to further your craft and support the team around you.
On a day-to-day basis, you'll get to:
- Support our global customers solve challenges with the Tessian platform.
- Develop our service offering for our customers.
- Work closely with our Sales teams to shape the solution for prospective customers.
- Roll-out new product functionality to existing customers.
We’d love to meet someone who:
- Has 5+ years experience in a technical support role, ideally supporting a B2B SaaS technology.
- Has supported enterprise sales teams in fast growth environments.
- Has a scientific, mathematical or technology based degree background.
- Is passionate about creating amazing experiences for customers.
- Loves working with technology and is capable of understanding complex issues.
- Has exceptional communication skills.
- Has an interest in cybersecurity.
- Has a proactive and commercial mindset, constantly exploring new opportunities for improvement.
- Has a proven track record of working in a high pressure environment.
Why we think you'll love it here 😍...
All Tessians are part of the journey we’re on, so we offer equity options with every role and benchmark against other VC-backed companies to provide above market rate salaries for companies of our size.
Beyond this, there’s plenty more that makes Tessian a great place to work:
• A full week of work-remote a year (for those who aren't fully remote!), in addition to 31 days of paid holiday (20 days PTO + 11 federal holidays)
• An extra day of paid holiday (up to 5) for every year you're with us!
• Curate your career with development experiences uniquely suited to you
• We’re family friendly, with policies built to support you in all stages of life
• Up to 60 days of working abroad, limited to 30 days per trip a year
• Spill - employee mental health support through Slack
• High-quality MacOs tech kit for you to work on
• Comprehensive & generous health insurance options
• If you're relocating to join the team in person, we'll provide a contribution to help with your costs
• On Fridays we stop early for a virtual happy hour (or, to just log off for the weekend!)
• Classpass subsidy - which you can use for either in person or virtual classes
• A work-from-home subsidy for every new joiner to cover all your home office must-haves or, if you are fully remote we will kit out your home office through our remote office provider, First Base.
• Amazing Remote socials with food and drink budgets
• Fertility support via Carrot covering adoption, surrogacy support, fertility treatments, support during pregnancy and more
And, if you are based near one of our hubs (currently Boston & Austin), you will also have access to:
• An array of breakfast options, delicious snacks, drinks and a top-of-the-range coffee machine
• Flexible work from home policy (for those who aren't already fully remote)
• Team lunch provided once a week
• Whole team socials every quarter
• Dinner budget for those times you just can’t tear yourself away
Equality & diversity ⚖️
Our mission to empower and protect people is a reflection of two of our values: Human First and We Do the Right Thing. For us, Diversity, Equity and Inclusion is also a reflection of these core values.
As a human first company, we are committed to creating a diverse, equitable and inclusive environment where all our Tessians have the opportunity to thrive. We strive for a better Tessian, and a better world. We're working inside and outside Tessian to improve diversity and equity in our industry, and foster an environment where everyone feels a sense of belonging.
Our strategy touches each part of a Tessian’s life cycle, from applicant to employee, ensuring that we keep DEI at the core of every point in our candidate and employee experience. Read more about our DEI commitments here.
Obligatory small print
Please note that we do not accept applications or résumés from recruiters. Any unsolicited CVs, profiles, or names, submitted in any format, by any channel, to any of our team, will be deemed to fall outside any terms and/or conditions with either the person submitting the information or their company of employment/representation.
Please note, that any job offers will be subject to the candidate passing background screening checks.
We're a #LI-Remote company offering Choice First working practices where possible.