We have an exciting opportunity for a Technical Writer to join our team. The client's communication services team provides applications development and maintenance support technical writing services, as well as internal communication services, such as newsletters and account meeting presentations. This position requires a motivated individual with an expert knowledge of Word and other Microsoft Office products.
- Update the system documentation for the Medicare Part A, Part B and CWF contracts
- Research mainframe programs/systems to document data (e.g., INFOMAN, TSO)
- Develop internal newsletters and presentations (requires grammatical accuracy and design skills)
- Update organizational charts and system flows, using Visio
- Review/format documents being posted on multiple websites for grammar
- Work under pressure to meet all contract deliverable dates
- Review/format documents for Section 508 compliancy
- Excellent writing/grammar skills (writing samples to be submitted)
- Expert knowledge in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint), especially Word
- Ability to work well under tight time constraints, with a commitment to getting projects delivered on time
- Ability to work independently
- Ability to multi-task
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Experience taking technical information and translating it to user-friendly terminology
- Ability to take key points from an interview and write an article
- Familiar with design layout
- Knowledge of Section 508 Compliancy formatting
- Ability to work with remotely, utilizing multiple communication tools
- Team player/willingness to support team members
- Adapts quickly to new systems, tools, and processes
- Interested in learning new skills
- Candidates must either be US Citizens or Permanent Residents
- Candidates must have resided in the United States for the past 5 years
- Candidates must not have traveled outside of the United States for a combined total of 6 moths or greater in the past 5 years
- This position requires successful completion of a background check, drug screen, and a credit check.
Education: A Four-year college degree in writing-intensive major
Benefits: Full-time employees (permanent or contract employees who are employed for a term greater than 6 months) are eligible for benefits including time-off benefits, such as vacations and holidays, and insurance and other plan benefits.
Location: Remote – Candidates must be located within the contiguous United States
Bay State Computers, Inc. is a professional services firm and a leading provider of Information Technology (IT) services and products to the U.S. Federal Government and Industry. Bay State brings together experienced IT professionals and the latest state-of-the-art technology tools, practices, and products to support projects and task order requirements for our customers. For more information about Bay State visit our website and connect with us on LinkedIn.
Bay State Computers, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for this position regardless of race, color, creed, religion, national origin, age, sex, citizenship, ethnicity, veteran status, marital status, disability, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.