Technical Writer II
Do you want to make a meaningful difference in the quality of healthcare? Omnicell is empowering health systems and pharmacies to radically transform the way they manage medications, so they can achieve the vision of the Autonomous Pharmacy. Thousands of hospitals, pharmacies, skilled nursing facilities and care homes trust Omnicell to provide continuous innovation. They need us to deliver solutions to meet the ever-evolving challenges of the healthcare landscape. We encourage creative problem solving and outside-the-box thinking that only a diverse, well-rounded workforce can bring.
Join us as we build on our powerful combination of advanced automation, predictive intelligence, and expert services to create a safer future for patients—one where medication errors are a thing of the past. You’ll be joining an organization whose culture encourages individual development, rewards intellectual curiosity, and embraces an inclusive environment. Join our growing company and help shape the future at Omnicell!
The Technical Writer II, Knowledge Management (KM) will join a team that develops, publishes, and maintains content for our Technical Services team. This individual will participate throughout the content-publishing workflow and the ongoing quality control of the department’s content. The successful candidate must have strong content development skills with the ability to explain complex concepts to diverse audiences.
- Support day-to day tasks to include the review, editing and approval of knowledge content for internal and external audiences.
- Serve as an advocate for content standards, style guidelines and best practices.
- Develop and edit internal policy and procedure documentation for Technical Services team.
- Gather information from multiple resources to establish and understand the enhancements for each new release of all products; partnering with product teams to ensure documentation remains current across release cycles.
- Collaborate with Training team as well as other Learning and Development team members to create and/or capture necessary graphics, including product screen captures, photos, process-flow charts, and engineering diagrams to insert into user documentation.
- Develop and implement a process for quality assurance that reviews written procedures in documentation to ensure that information is accurate and understandable from a user standpoint.
- Collaborate with Technical Services team to understand their evolving needs and ensure they have the necessary knowledge content required to resolve customer issues.
- Monitor new technical publication, online help authoring tools, and industry best practices and proactively bring product or process improvement recommendations to management.
- Take initiative and work independently to develop and execute complex projects and tasks which achieve company-wide and departmental goals, such as improving information access, increasing process efficiency, and reducing costs.
- Adhere to FDA change notification procedures, according to individual product requirements.
Required Knowledge and Skills
- Demonstrated writing skills producing articles for customer support teams
- Demonstrated skills developing content for online help systems
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Bachelors degree in technical writing or a related field
- Minimum 2 years technical writing experience
- Knowledge Management certification is a plus
- Strong knowledge of computer software: PC Windows, Microsoft Office Professional, and Desktop Publishing tools
- Strong knowledge of technology, robotics and electro-mechanical systems
- Substantial knowledge and experience with HTML and content management tools
- Working knowledge of support center systems and tools
- Experience working with healthcare products a plus
- Office Environment or Remote
To protect our employees, partners, and customers, Omnicell requires most U.S. employees to either be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 or obtain approval from Omnicell for an exemption and accommodation for a medical condition or a sincerely-held religious belief or practice.
Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.
Omnicell will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information.