Technical Writer (Secret, preferred)
Travel Required: None
Public Trust: NACLC (T3)
Requisition Type: Regular
General Dynamics Information Technology is seeking a Technical Writer to support a US Air Force program that is playing a major role in strengthening and modernizing America's Strategic Deterrent Force.
General Dynamics Information Technology will develop and deliver a digital engineering design solution which enables and integrates the program’s complete set of data, tools, and model-based systems engineering (MBSE) activities, and makes them available to internal and appropriate external engineering and programmatic stakeholders throughout the program’s lifecycle. This effort will culminate in an abstracted, highly transportable environment delivered to the Government, to be instantiated “virtually” on the Government’s network infrastructure, and updated during the Engineering and Manufacturing Development (EMD) phase of weapon system development.
The Technical Writer will work with technical staff to create and/or update operating instructions, how-to manuals, process instructions, and checklists. The Technical Writer will also assist in collecting and organizing information required for preparation of user manuals, training materials, technical manuals, installation guides, proposals, and reports. Technical Writer must be able to:
- Understand complex information and communicate the information to the user and customer
- Assist in collecting and organizing information required for preparation of user manuals, training materials, technical manuals, installation guides, proposals, and reports
- Create and/or update operating instructions, how-to manuals, process instructions, and checklists to help technical support staff, consumers, and other users
- Edit functional descriptions, system specifications, user’s manuals, special reports, or any other customer deliverables and documents
- Work with technical staff to make operating procedures easier to use and thus need fewer instructions
- Organize and write supporting documents for products
- Use photographs, drawings, diagrams, and charts that increase users’ understanding
- Standardize content across platforms and media
- Gather usability feedback from customers, designers, and manufacturers
- Revise documents as directed, or as new issues arise
- Familiarity with government document reporting standards (DIDs)
- Proficiency in graphics or desktop publishing software such as Visio, Publisher and Adobe platforms is a plus
- Expert level capability in Microsoft Office
- Must possess excellent written and spoken communication skills
- Must be comfortable interacting with both technical and Director level customer staff
- Be able to provide fresh ideas to existing problems to move the organization forward
- BS or equivalent + 5 years' related experience
- Familiarity with Microsoft SharePoint administration
- Prior experience in Technical Writing for DoD Programs
#DEE2020 #kmp #Defense #cjobs #dicepost #gdpost #technicalwriter
The likely salary range for this position is $64,000 - $96,000, this is not, however, a guarantee of compensation or salary; rather, salary will be set based on experience, geographic location and possibly contractual requirements and could fall outside of this range.
View information about benefits and our total rewards program.
About Our Work
We are GDIT. The people supporting some of the most complex government, defense, and intelligence projects across the country. We deliver. Bringing the expertise needed to understand and advance critical missions. We transform. Shifting the ways clients invest in, integrate, and innovate technology solutions. We ensure today is safe and tomorrow is smarter. We are there. On the ground, beside our clients, in the lab, and everywhere in between. Offering the technology transformations, strategy, and mission services needed to get the job done.
GDIT does not have a vaccination mandate applicable to all employees. To protect the health and safety of its employees and to comply with customer requirements, however, GDIT may require employees in certain positions to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Vaccination requirements will depend on the status of the federal contractor mandate and customer site requirements.
GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.