The Health Group within Leidos has a career opportunity for a talented Technical Writer/Editor working on an Agile team. The work will support the Leidos Army Medical Operations Data Systems (MODS) program. The successful candidate will serve as a Technical Writer/Editor and member of a team with the responsibility to assist the team with documentation needs to include documenting IT system requirements and presentations, producing user guides, training materials, product release notes, use cases, and user stories. The successful candidate learns to use new software products quickly, breaks down complex concepts into easy-to-understand content, and manages multiple projects with overlapping deadlines.
- Works with product / project team members to gather and document new and existing IT system requirements.
- Maintains or creates user operating manuals, videos, new product guides, training material, and instructional manuals for IT systems.
- Implements new single-sourcing practices for new and existing user guides and videos.
- Works with technical staff to gather status and create reports for management review.
- Follows and documents the life-cycle of application development tasks in all phases.
- Generates task descriptions and tracks derived requirements in project tracking tool.
- Assists with auditing system wide documentation for overall compliance.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- Strong writing/documentation skills (user guidance, training materials, technical documentation).
- Strong organizational skills, including assistance with technical projects.
- Technical savvy, including the ability to understand and/or pick up basic computer programs and tools.
- Strong interpersonal skills, i.e., experience working directly with project managers, technical and functional leads, technical writing teams, developers, customers, and other project team members.
- Works to achieve day-to-day objectives with moderate impact on the area/project team; works independently on larger, moderately complex projects/assignments.
- Communicates with colleagues across multiple areas (project managers, technical leads, other technical resources, etc.)
- Explains solutions, practices, and procedures to others within the organization.
- May assist other professionals with tasks and assignments.
- Works independently or as part of a team.
- Must be a US citizen and able to obtain an IT/ADP II Public Trust clearance.
- BS degree and 2-4 years of prior relevant experience or Master’s degree with less than 2 years of relevant experience.
- Previous or current favorable clearance
- Background or experience with the US Army Personnel and Strength Management, Medical Readiness, DoD, or Defense Health Agency (DHA), and/or military experience
- Experience with an enterprise-grade Help Authoring Tool (HAT) such as MadCap Flare or Adobe RoboHelp
- Experience working in an agile environment and proven ability to work under quick deadlines
Pay Range $52,650.00 - $81,000.00 - $109,350.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
Covid Guidance for the US
In order to enter Leidos facilities in the U.S. and to attend Leidos events outside our facilities, employees are required to be vaccinated for COVID-19 or maintain proof of a negative COVID-19 test within 96 hours of entry. In addition, we are receiving guidance from certain customers that onsite contractor personnel will need to be fully vaccinated to access customer facilities. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible. If you have any questions, please contact your Talent Acquisition POC.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 44,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $13.7 billion for the fiscal year ended December 31, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at email@example.com.
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.