Something Wicked Games is a new studio founded by creative and leadership talent behind some of the world’s best role-playing games including Fallout 3, Fallout: New Vegas, Fallout 4, The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim, and The Outer Worlds. We create moving, impactful games in a collaborative, creatively autonomous environment.
Something Wicked Games is currently developing Wyrdsong, a preternatural RPG set in a semi-historical Middle Ages Portugal. We are a full remote studio looking for team members who are adventurous, confident, and purposeful.
We are looking for an VFX Artist to visually communicate phenomena within the game world. We are creating a game with many unique elements which will require your creativity to convey. Are you up to the challenge?
- Create visual effects which will be performant in Unreal 5
- Contribute as part of a collaborative effort create a unique game experience
- Implement the necessary aesthetic throughout all art deliverables
- Must have shipped a AAA video game, or have 3+ years of full-time experience at a AAA video game studio in a related Art role
- Successful history of incorporating feedback within an iterative process
- Ability to transform abstract ideas into delivered assets
- Excellent performance tuning skills
- Portfolio demonstrating your VFX work
- Must be proficient in at least one major animation package (3dsmax or Maya preferred)
- The ability to work independently and with little supervision
- UE (Niagara VFX)
- Experience with Unreal 5
- Knowledge of latest VFX techniques and their performance impact
- Enjoyment of role-playing games