Nexleaf Analytics is a nonprofit technology company that believes when people are equipped with better data, they are empowered to build a healthier and equitable world for all.
Nexleaf is engaged with partner Sustainable Energy for All (SEforAll) on the Clean Cooking Data Initiative with the long term goal of bringing better, more actionable data to the clean cooking sector. Three billion people cook with polluting, dirty fuels such as charcoal, wood, and kerosene, contributing to respiratory disease and premature death as well as contributing heavily to climate change. Clean cooking programs aim to transition households to more efficient cookstoves and clean-burning fuels, but these programs have long suffered from lack of reliable data on stove adaptability and program success. We believe that better access to ground-level data on stove use, consumer insights, and measurable impacts is needed in order to successfully catalyze investment and achieve the energy transition.
Nexleaf Analytics is seeking an experienced Visual Designer to create prototypes and mockups of a knowledge hub and dashboard that will influence the global clean cooking sector. Specifically, the Designer will create prototype web-based dashboard visualizations based on close iteration and feedback with multiple stakeholders (practitioners, researchers, government representatives, etc.) with the goal of creating a set of mockups that can be taken to the next stage of development. This will be a contract position working on an hourly basis for a period of 3-8 months. The Designer will interface with Nexleaf teams based in the US as well as partners based in Europe, Rwanda, and other locations in East Africa. Candidates can be located anywhere in the world, with preference for candidates located in the CEST/CAT or EAT time zones.
- Experience in visual design of digital and web-based products
- Practical knowledge of human centered design
- Experience with early stage ideation and ability to create prototypes based on very preliminary input from users and clients. Ability to work with and through ambiguity
- Experience working with diverse types of users from diverse cultural contexts
- Ability to work independently and with minimal supervision
- Experience conducting user research and working directly with users/stakeholders to seek feedback and rapidly iterate on designs concepts
- Knowledge of UI/UX design and data visualization preferred
- Experience working in clean energy, humanitarian, or development sectors a plus
- Experience/Familiar with regional context in East Africa and connecting with regional stakeholders